Anyone go traveling with just the 20mm lens????

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
We are going to Florida for a long weekend - mostly seeing family and friends, perhaps some sightseeing thrown in if time. Originally planned on taking the EP2, 20mm and the 14-45 lens. (Would probably leave the longer 40-150 home because this is not really a "sightseeing trip".) But I LOVE the idea of the size of just taking the EP2 with the 20mm attached in a small OpTech case. (Especially after all those vacations schlepping multiple stuff.)
Thoughts?
Thanks, Steve

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Steve, did you mean the mZD 14-42? If so then I would certainly be comfortable taking the E-P2 with 20mm f1.7 fitted and the beautifully compact 14-42 lens in a pocket 'just in case' you need the flexibility.

Enjoy your weekend away!

Cheers

Brian

Raimondi

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi Steve, it really depends on what type of pics you are going to take - but definitely one lens would be enough. I like the idea of only 20/1.7 especially if you are not bringing a flash and is preparing to take a lot of indoor photos. Yet if you want more versatility, the zoom maybe a better choice.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Take the 20 and an extra battery.
Beings that your legs are going also, they can be your zoomie....
Much as I love the 17, the 20 is never off the camera.

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Beings that your legs are going also, they can be your zoomie....
Much as I love the 17, the 20 is never off the camera.
That's been my philosophy for many years. While I love zooms like the rest of us, sometimes you should just use your feet (and the brain if it is still attached).
And yes - I would rather have the FOV of the 17mm lens, but the IQ and the aperture of the 20mm wins out everytime for me. Thanks.

Hi Steve, did you mean the mZD 14-42? If so then I would certainly be comfortable taking the E-P2 with 20mm f1.7 fitted and the beautifully compact 14-42 lens in a pocket 'just in case' you need the flexibility.

Enjoy your weekend away!

Cheers

Brian
That is my other thought. I have a great OpTech pouch, basically purchased for the EP2 and the 20mm. It will fit (with a little stretching) the 14-42 also. But I would certainly take the 20mm for at night/indoors anyway. Just loved the idea of just the camera and the one lens.
Thanks, Steve

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
hi,

during my recent trip (cambodia), the most effective setup for day trips was when i only took 1 lens with me and the E-P1 -- that was either the ZD 9-18mm (+ panasonic 4/3 adapter), the ZDm 17mm or the VC 25mm snapshot skopar (+ RJ camera LTM adapter), respectively. as soon as more lens were available, i got disturbingly busy with lens changes.

cheers,
sebastian

(ps: 1st contribution here ... will enter my intro later)

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome Sebastian, and I agree... one lens, one body is the least stressful setup. Please do post from your Cambodia adventure!

Cheers

Brian

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
still sorting them.
and, honestly, i have more urgent tasks to do for the time being (preparing a big move ...).

maybe some examples from huang shan mountain taken with G1 can do until i am ready to present cambodia pics?

http://www.sebastel.de/yellow09/index.html

there is one true saying: if you have seen huang shan, you do not need to see any other mountain.
unfortunately, my photography is not at that level. sorry for that.

some pics taken with E-P1 while walking or driving near my current home are here:
http://www.sebastel.de/pass_by/index.html

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Sebastel
#1 - Welcome to our little corner of the world.
#2 - You have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about showing off those photos. Quite a few of them are beautiful and really show off what the city and that breathtaking mountain look like.
Thanks for sharing,
Steve

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom