1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone get their Olympus 300mm pro from B&H

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by TJC-MFT, Mar 3, 2016.

1. TJC-MFT

TJC-MFT Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    Tom Cadwalader
    I have had a Olympus 300mm pro on order from B&H for a week or so, but still not shipped. Wondering if anyone who pre ordered one has gotten theirs yet.

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Likely their first shipment from Olympus went to all the preorders. So your order will likely wait until they get the next shipment from Olympus. No availability or ship date listed on their website.

3. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    I got mine Monday, February 29th from B&H. They didn't send me the usual email that it was shipped or a copy of the receipt. UPS was late on the delivery as usual, and the package was poorly packed and looked like it had been run over. The lens was ok. Going to give up on B&H after many years a customer. Put off by the many labor disputes they are having and deteriorating service.

4. myhl

myhl Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 29, 2015
    I am very happy with B&H

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jimworth

jimworth Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2014
    Norcross, GA
    Jim Worthington
    newphoto1: When did you place your order?

I pre-ordered from B&H on January 17 and haven't heard anything on when mine will ship. It would be nice to track the order date vs. shipping date in this thread to get a sense of how long the wait might be.

6. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    I love this "when is it Christmas?" type of enthusiasm. Great that you guys still can muster that level of excitement and anticipation. Hope you all get you lenses rather sooner than later :)

7. kiwirobfinland

kiwirobfinland Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    rob
    funny
    ordered one from a supplier here in Finland Jan 6th two hours after it was released and will not get it until late April early May
    could even be June July some time
    this year i hope
    the funny thing is you will get yours before i get mine

8. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    I pre-ordered the morning of January 6th. That got me in the first batch. Hope you all receive your copy soon. You won't be disappointed.

9. jimworth

jimworth Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2014
    Norcross, GA
    Jim Worthington
    Thanks for letting me know. I see that Amazon is showing "Usually ships within 1 to 3 months" for current orders. I guess I'll have to be patient.

10. jimworth

jimworth Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2014
    Norcross, GA
    Jim Worthington
    I see in another thread that no deliveries have been reported in Europe. I guess we are lucky in the US that any shipments are being made.

11. jimworth

jimworth Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2014
    Norcross, GA
    Jim Worthington
    Yesterday, 4/3 Rumors reported that Adorama had the lens in stock. Apparently their stock went quickly. Adorama now shows back ordered again.

Has anyone heard anything recently from/about B&H concerning shipment dates?

12. kiwirobfinland

Jan 31, 2016
    rob
    still no shipments any were in Europe
    looks like the lens may not ship here this year
    it may even get pulled like Panasonic 25 mm or a price hike
    a bit disappointing

13. Tifoso

Tifoso Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Germany
    Giuseppe
    Today the first Olys arrived in germany...

14. kiwirobfinland

Jan 31, 2016
    rob
    got word from Olympus Finland yesterday that the lens should ship here next week
    and be in shops soon if that is true (i have my doubts) then your guys lens
    should not be to far away

15. Precision Camera & Video

Precision Camera & Video New to Mu-43

Mar 18, 2016
    Austin, TX
    Hello All! My name is Katie and I'm the manager of Online Sales at Precision Camera & Video in Austin, TX. I don't mean to spam or anything but just wanted to let you know that we have several Olympus 300/4 lenses in stock at the moment, ready to ship. We are an authorized Olympus dealer and have been in business since 1976.

Olympus M.Zuiko ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens

We can ship anywhere in the U.S. (with a credit card or confirmed Paypal), as well as to the UK and Canada (with confirmed Paypal address). If you have any questions, please just let me know! I can be contacted at online@precision-camera.com or 512/467-7676.

Thank you,

Katie H.

• Like Like x 2
  16. hoodlum

hoodlum Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    I got lucky at my local B&M as they were selling a new 300mm F4 as open box due to slight damage on a corner of the box. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

17. kiwirobfinland

Jan 31, 2016
    rob
    Olympus no longer has a wold wide warranty on its products
    ordering from out side Finland and paying inport tax would save 200 to 400 erous on the finish price and the lens
    would be here all ready
    but with no warranty its a too big a risk for me to take

18. getoutandshoot

getoutandshoot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    I called one of my local photography stores yesterday morning, Looking Glass Photo & Camera in Berkeley, CA. I was only going to ask if they had a waiting list for the new Oly 300mm lens, but I was very surprised when they told me they had 1 in stock, which they no longer have thanks to me :)... I had the same experience when the E-M1 first came out: Looking Glass had a small number available while others were still waiting for B&H. So for those who decide they can't wait and are willing to pay full price for a new item, sometimes it pays to check around... Of course if you order from a big place like B&H, you save the sales tax, or at least defer it... I end up paying tax anyway when I file my taxes, for any big ticket item I ordered without sales tax from out of state.

Dave

19. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Thank you. As with all back orders we fill them in the order we received them, oldest first. To those who have ordered and are now waiting for the Oly 300, your patience is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Beach Camera's site said (and still does) that they have the lens in stock. So the wife ordered one for me around 2 weeks ago. No response from Beach, no valid tracking number...etc. After a string of emails saying they would look into it, the wife had to call them today and verify that indeed they did not have the product, don't know when they will have the product, and had already charged my wife's card (statement arrive today with the lens on it). She told them to cancel the order. To verify that will happen she called the credit card company and got the item off her account. Bottom line, we will never attempt to do business with Beach Camera again.

Now to find someone who had one in stock. So I called our local dealer. He has 4 of them left in stock from their original large shipment. So we will have to eat much of the sales tax. I do have a gift card or two that will help some with that. Will advise tomorrow if they still have 3 left when I leave the store. :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1