1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone Ever Disassembled A VF1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SCT, May 10, 2012.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    While working on my car, I had my EPL1 with the VF1 on it sitting on the tripod fully extended legs. I knew it is a windy day but so far it hasnt been enough to blow mu camera over. Up until I went inside the house for a brief moment. A large gust blew the screen door open. Then I heard a fain three beep. I thought it was something else. Few seconds later, went outside... Best behold, camera on the ground :/

The body is scratchless. The VF1, the top cover broke off, theres a crack across the glass eyepiece and the snaps that holds the eyepiece on are broken. Virtually, I have a naked and still working VF1.

I am looking at it now and it just has needless $$$ mark up all over it. The internals is fine, the screen is no bigger than a dime. It looks like the whole plastic casing of it, the bulkiness of it, is the reason why it still works.

And the lense. I had my Tokina mirror tele on with the hood attached. The camera was laying on its side with the lense hood resting on the ground. Theres not a scratch on anything on the lense or even the hood.

I conclusively think what saved the majority of the damages was the $10 Olympus rubber eye cup. The way I had the camera on the tripod, because of the weight, the camera would be easier to fall backwards hopefully into the camera man. So the way it was, it tilted over enough that the only thing that contacted the concrete was the rubber eye cup. Unfortunately, there was still residual force which the plastic VF1 housing completely absorbed explaining the broken top cover and cracks.

I'll post pics later for those who are interested.

For the two years I have ever owned this camera, first time it has ever fell. Onto concrete at that.