1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone else setup lighting for their OM-D or whichever m4/3 you use?

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by elduderino, May 1, 2012.

1. elduderino

elduderino Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2011
    I see a lot of posts but mostly landscape, or street stuff. Not too much in the way of formal portrait stuff with your m4/3.

When I sold my DSLR gear, I decided to keep the lights, since I always enjoyed my results. So recently I finally got an OM-D and I brought back out the lights for some formal portraits of my 2yr old. Glad to say I'm happy with the results so far. (at this point we were goofing around, so maybe not so formal)

P4290181.

(if anyone cares, it was an SB-600 into a softlighter II, on a boom arm at 12oclock, aimed on an angle downward)

• Like Like x 1
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Hi! You'll find several strobist threads here and there on these forums!

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    What kind of lighting are we talking about here? Speedlights? Studio strobes? I use them all. I'm a big fan of the 5-light flash setup, which is very nicely portable. Most of my work is high key. You can get an idea on my website at Cyclops Photo Studio

4. elduderino

elduderino Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2011
    I use both speed lights and elichrom lights, just favor the speed lights because they're very easy to setup and as you said portable. Nice to see others doing it too.