Anyone been to Ghana?

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dbrantley13, May 30, 2012.

1. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    I'll be leaving on June 4th for a two month venture in Ghana. I'll be working full time while I'm there (believe it or not there are multinational accounting firms in Accra), but I should have the weekends and late afternoon/evenings to explore.

If anyone has been there, do you have any photo spots to recommend? If you went there with :43: gear, what did you bring along? Right now, I'm thinking I'll bring:
    E-PL1 (couldn't get my hands on an OM-D in time)

Native 14-42 Kit (for any needed "wide" angle shots), 20mm 40-150mm

Adapted Canon FD 50mm 1.8, Sigma 28mm 2.8 Macro FD, and maybe my Canon FD 100-200mm 5.6 or Sigma 70-210 mm 4.5-5.6 "Macro" (not really Macro from what I understand).

Seeing as I'll be there a long time, I hope to be able to explore with a wide range of lenses.

On a somewhat related note, I'll be posting frequently to my photo blog upon arrival. You can find the link in my signature, although I'm afraid you all probably won't be very impressed with what I have up there so far. I expect the entries to be much more interesting once I'm there.

Thanks!

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Ghana is SERIOUSLY unsafe. Hopefully, you will have handlers and security any time you are not at your apartment or office.