1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anyone anyone using the Panasonic DMW-LVF2 yet?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Vulpix, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Before I plonk that amount of money down on the LVF2 for my GX1, anyone here using it now? It seems like it's not easy to get, I can't find it on eBay, and the only place I know carrying it is this one store on Amazon's website. Anyone using it right now? Or know of any other places carrying it?

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Isn't it basically identical to the built-ins (G1, G2, G3, GH1, GH2)?

If so, it's pretty nice, and probably worth the effort if you have a GX1

3. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Haven't tried any of those, this is my first m4/3 camera. :redface: I just want to know if there any issues that haven't been mentioned, like how lose it is, etc. I hope to see no complaints other than the availability. :eek:

4. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    I bought my LVF2 with my GX1 at a local brick and mortar camera shop here in Calgary. Yes, it's a heap of money for a viewfinder but I'm very happy with it.

It has much better resolution than the LVF1 I use with my GF1 which makes manual focusing using the EVF possible. My copy is also a nice snug fit in the hotshoe of my GX1 .. not much chance of it going missing.

Finding one for sale online is indeed a challenge right now.

5. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Nice. :biggrin: Time to harass the local agent to get their act together and get me one. :mad: Do you see yourself taking it out other than the times you need to stick a flash on?