1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anyone anyone using the Panasonic DMW-LVF2 yet?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Vulpix, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Before I plonk that amount of money down on the LVF2 for my GX1, anyone here using it now? It seems like it's not easy to get, I can't find it on eBay, and the only place I know carrying it is this one store on Amazon's website. Anyone using it right now? Or know of any other places carrying it?

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Isn't it basically identical to the built-ins (G1, G2, G3, GH1, GH2)?

If so, it's pretty nice, and probably worth the effort if you have a GX1

3. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Haven't tried any of those, this is my first m4/3 camera. :redface: I just want to know if there any issues that haven't been mentioned, like how lose it is, etc. I hope to see no complaints other than the availability. :eek: 

4. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    I bought my LVF2 with my GX1 at a local brick and mortar camera shop here in Calgary. Yes, it's a heap of money for a viewfinder but I'm very happy with it.

It has much better resolution than the LVF1 I use with my GF1 which makes manual focusing using the EVF possible. My copy is also a nice snug fit in the hotshoe of my GX1 .. not much chance of it going missing.

Finding one for sale online is indeed a challenge right now.

5. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Nice. :biggrin: Time to harass the local agent to get their act together and get me one. :mad:  Do you see yourself taking it out other than the times you need to stick a flash on?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.