Anyone adapt über cheap (toy) lens to M43?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Uwharrie, May 25, 2012.

1. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Picked up some super cheap plastic 35 mm cameras with fixed lens. Anyone out there have any luck in removing and adapting them to m43? Thinking along the lines of gluing to lens caps? I know the quality will be lacking but looking to get some artsy shots from the cheap plastic lens. Would love to hear if anyone has done this. Web sites with how too would be great!

2. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    One of the members of this group does this and has posted the results in this thread. You will need to go through it to find the images, but perhaps someone else can remember who it is who does it.

I have an old Diana-F lens which I glued onto a Lumix body-cap. It works OK but is very limited.

3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    The Holga lenses with built-on m43 mounts are fun. And there's also the Pinwide pinhole camera emulator. Effects can be simulated in Photoshop, but more fun SOOC.

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Are you looking for cheap or artsy lenses? Argus cameras sell for about the same price as cheap used plastic cameras but they come with a pretty decent lens.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I am looking artsy. What you get with the historically cheap cameras. The two I picked up today have fixed mount lens all plastic. Will have to saw off and attach to some sort of mount. Not expecting much, just wanting to play a bit.
    Luke I like what you got there.

7. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    The cheap-o C-Mounts are the most fun I've had! That 25mm f1.4 in particular.

5806464783_fc80e8009e_z.

8. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Ok now I must go out and seek cheep c mounts. What should I look for?

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke