Anybody used the AG-AF100?

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by speedandstyle, Dec 1, 2011.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I am considering getting one but would like to hear more from those who have used it before I lay down the cash.
  2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
  3. speedandstyle

Panasonic's new micro 4/3 video camera.
  4. tamoio

tamoio Mu-43 Regular

ask away.
  5. ftwphoto

ftwphoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2011
  6. speedandstyle

Most of my questions got answered on a video forum but glad to see there are some other video guys here. I work for a church and we film a weekly Bible study and our old Canon Xl1s are just about done for. So I am working on finding replacements.

What lenses do you guys use on your AF100s? To match the reach of the XL1s I will have to get the 100-300. But I will need some shorter focal length glass as well. I was planning on getting a high quality Nikon adaptor so I can use my Nikkors. Have you use adapted lenses?

Have you used the Panasonic mic? How long do the batteries last?

7. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Doesn't the AF100 have tele-crop like the G2? That provides something like a 3x multiplier on range.
  8. speedandstyle

NO! Sorry but the answer is no.
    I asked around on a video forum and the answer I got from the man who wrote the how to for this camera said it will not do the crop that the GH2 does. The sensor is special to this camera and optimized for video.

Oh and even if it did have the crop feature that would be a 4x multiplier{as compared to 35mm/Full Frame}. The m4/3 sensor is half the size of FF and the crop is half of the sensor so x2 + x2 = x4.