Anybody used EP 5 AND D M5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Photorebel, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Photorebel

Photorebel Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2013
    Jeff Mims
    I was wondering how they compared…IQ wise. Thinking about going with a backup to my EM1….and EM5..at a great price right now, but also there is $100 off EP5…right now. Are the buttons, control layout better on EP5?

Thanks

2. There may be some subtle differences in their direct output, but I only really compare cameras based on their processed image quality. In this case, I can make an E-P5 image look identical to an E-M5 image and vice versa. In processing it certainly feels like I am working on images produced by the same camera.

The feel of the buttons is nicer on the E-P5, and the 2x2 switch is a neat touch. I don't have a problem with the general layout of controls on the E-M5, but the playback and Fn1 buttons are awkward because of their proximity to the edge of the screen, not because of their location per se. The E-M5 was also the last Olympus camera to be influenced by their crazy idea of NOT being able to permanently set the smallest focus point.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.