1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anybody use android? Like birding?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by ill_dawg, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Amazon's free app of the day today is a field guide to north american birds. The description says it has range maps, audio samples, illustrations, etc. Normally $10, but free if you get it today.

Get Audubon Birds: A Field Guide to North American Birds from the Amazon Appstore. http://amzn.to/hKJgCf

Hth

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    interesting enough to download for free, will have to grab it when I get home on my kindle fire. Thanks for the heads up!

3. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    Does the fire run android apps?

4. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    The Fire is an Android device (technically 2.2 Froyo I think), though it runs Amazon's custom skin on top f it, which can hide a lot of the Android-iness.

5. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Yup, the fire runs android. Also, I think that most of the free apps of the day are chosen with the fire in mind. There have definitely been fewer apps for my tegra 2 tab on there since the fire was released.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I'll get it for my Samsung Tab.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.