1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anybody try Kaza leather half cases?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jonathan F/2, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was looking at their E-PM1 leather half case with built-in grip. Has anybody used their products in general? Prices seem pretty reasonable compared to Ebay options!

Home - Kaza

They ship international.

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I am curious also! I have never been able to find any real user experience (just some clumsy Kaza stealth marketing posts) on these cases. When I was looking at the images, it seemed as if the Kaza quality was good, but that their cases would not fit as snugly around the camera as competing solutions. I have passed, so far, thinking they would be more bulky than I wanted.

3. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I have a full set for the P-3. The shoe sits nicely on the body - no jiggling around.
    When adding the strap or a strap it really anchors the shoe to the camera as there is a chance of the clips sliding off the eye hold points - small chance but still there.

I have been meaning to get some shots for the camera p*orn thread... I will see what I can do within the next 24hrs.

As for the leather and general production values - first class. I am not saying this because I have bought in to it, as if it wasn't I would have shelved the set-up.The brass fittings have dulled to a creamy metalic yellow which helps highlight the red stitching on teh black leather.

The shoe and cover have a soft velvet like lining which again is fantastic and again high quality materials.

I would strongly recomend grabbing one of their products.

Wormwood

• Like Like x 1
  4. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Alan
    I prefer the look of the Gariz, but I like the idea of an inbuilt grip for the E-PL3. Doesn't look very substantial though.

I wonder which would give a better grip. If there's no jiggling then you'd think the Kaza.

Hmmmm... Gariz or Kaza.

Kaza or Gariz....

5. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    The only "issue" I have is that I have to strip off the shoe to get to the card/battery or connection ports - so if I was on a trip/tour and knew I was going to be chewing up power or space I wouldn't have it on the camera.
    The Gariz does have that access but the price of the Gariz tell me to HTFU and deal with it.

Kaza work is top grade for a good price - not cheap but not expensive and the leather is smooth and just right.

The grip I cannot help you with as the P3 as the hard number build in.

If it's important to you on how your camera looks (vanity to the max.) grab one of these set-ups

Wormwood

• Like Like x 1
  6. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Both

I have both and the Gariz is much better. Well worth the extra cost.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Side note does Kaza do a shoe for the PM1? Cannot find it.

Wormwood

8. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  9. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Ah it's on their Facebook page but not on their main site.... the internet is dying a small death each time Facebook gets updated.

Look it really comes down to personal choice. I can back Kaza and say they are what is advertised – the quality and workmanship is there.

Is there a link to the Gariz just to check it out.

I have sat in the same boat as you when I was looking for my P3 – the best of both worlds would be to have the access that Gariz brings and at the same time have the solid old worldly finish and feel of Kaza.

Wormwood

10. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    My experience with Kaza is quite different, I have a an E-P3 full case, and find it fits very loose. I can put a finger between the case inner wall and camera, stitching on the bottom was loose from the moment I received it. I have been dealing with them for over a month and they still haven't done anything about it. Full case cover doesn't even cover the whole camera, and in comparison to my E-P2 Aki-Asahi case it is cheap in build quality and material. I truly regret dealing with Kaza. Bad customer service, low quality control, and unwilling to fix their mistakes. I would have been better off to make one myself out of an old shoe!!!

11. betamax

betamax Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    NSW, Australia
    Alan
    Sorry to hear about that.

I think I'll just get a franiec grip. I need the grip more than I need the case, but the kaza one promised an all in one solution.

By the way, Olympus UK sells an official version for 50 pounds with tiny grip, but uk/europe only by the looks.

Olympus - CS-31B

12. Declan

Declan Mu-43 Regular

Or you might wanna consider this awesome -also handmade- case with more reasonable price, using with my PL1 also fitted PL2
    pl2.
    pl1.
    [​IMG]

13. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just got my case from Kaza. It's pretty nice, but ordering from them took forever (a month and a half) to the USA. I don't think I'd order from them again for that sole reason.

14. bryanmanio

bryanmanio New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2014
  15. arprok13

arprok13 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    Arpan
    here is the case on my E-P5
    IMG_20140423_092206.

16. nardoleo

nardoleo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Singapore
    Leo
    I use a kaza half case for my EPL1.
    Good finish and built quality.

Only complain is no space for the battery / card slot at the bottom of the EPL1.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mu-43 mobile app

17. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

I have it on my Fuji X100s. I like.

y5esynyz.

u4edu6yh.

6u9e6e4a.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.