Anybody Seen A Pic of EP-3 Large Grip ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Aug 19, 2011.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

I've seen the standard 'full frontal' here and there and the same on e-bay. If any here have one of these things and can image it from an angle or two ... or know where such pics can be seen I would greatly appreciate it.

I have gnarly fat-fingered clod buster hands and need all the help I can get with this little camera.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(No I ain't gonna pay the present e-bay sucker prices. :biggrin: )
  2. Andrew Riddell

Andrew Riddell Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    The provision for the detachable grip should hopefully open up all myriad of interesting third party alternatives. Some of them may not be pretty though...
  4. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    I want that carbon fiber one.

5. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    ^ def photoshopped, but can't wait to see actual third-party grips.

I just want a slab of brushed aluminum, shaped like the regular grip and i'll be set.
  6. ckrueger

ckrueger Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Those aren't photoshopped, they're actual "premium" grips from Oly's EP3 PR.

What I want to see is a real-world photo of the large grip on the camera. I'm interested, but I don't want to blow $20 unless it really gives you something to hang onto, SLR-style. It would make using the 100-300 a bit easier, as that lens makes the EP3 a bit left-heavy.
  7. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    There is any place to get them? I can't find them online in stock.
  8. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Agreed. It's the best view I've seen of the grip so far, except of course when I tried one!

Actually, trying one was what really sold it to me. When/if I get an E-P3 a large grip will be the first accessory I buy, it made such a difference for me. I have difficulty gripping small cameras due to having Parkinson's disease, but that grip was wonderful! :smile:
  9. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    The MGC-2 does allow for a better grip. Adding a half-case can also add more grip as well as protection for Olympus' fragile finishes.">

• Like Like x 5
  10. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
  11. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
  12. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I quickly came to that conclusion because that "f" insignia was used in third party companies that make the leatherette wraps. Figured they couldn't have made the grips so early.

Upon further research, i found that "f" font is an an original pen f logo from olympus. What you concluded makes sense.
  13. kundalini

kundalini Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    I really like the addition of the large grip to my E-P3. Here's a few shots for the curious compared with the standard.

Standard Grip

Large Grip

Standard Grip Top View

Large Grip Top View

Large Grip Bonus Shot

Hope this helps.....
    • Like Like x 3
  14. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Great shots kundalini. Ordered one yesterday from B&H. Can't wait to get mine as for me this camera really needs a chunky grip like that. :2thumbs:
  15. ckrueger

ckrueger Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Thank you very much for the photos Kundalini! When holding it, does it feel like you curl your fingers around it? Or is it just kind of a ridge to grab onto? I guess I really need to just pick one of these up. :)
  16. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
  17. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Like the 4/3 300mm? :). Put it on the epm1. Omg. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  18. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    That was the first thing I did.

I still want that lens. Does anyone here have one?
  19. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    I would have liked for Olympus to put this grip on the e-pl3. This is why I like the e-pl2 so much.