1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Anybody Have Experience With Fotodiox Pro-Shfit Lens Adapter?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Bokeh Diem, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    It keeps on crossing my field of vision, and interests me as a shift lens could offer up some new possibilities, architecturally speaking. It allows for "full function shift of 10mm in each direction and 360 degree rotation, allowing shifting in all directions".

I really would like a tilt-shift lens adapter, but that isn't happening yet from what I understand.

Fotodiox

Bokeh D

2. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Wow... so that can turn any FD glass into shift lens? :eek: 

3. Bokeh Diem

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Well, Fotodiox says it can. I am looking for someone with experience to tell it like it is.

There is someone in Toronto selling theirs.. I may plumb them for some advice.

Bokeh D

4. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Cool idea to build a cheap tilt-shift lens! I can see a weekend project coming up ...

5. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Definitely interested in the subject - found two links of interest, including a tilt/shift specifically designed for the m43 format : here, here and here

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bokeh Diem

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Thanks Gwendal.... we're getting there. I wrote the Germans for more information following your post.

Tilt/Shft lenses cost dearly, and are limited to a singular FL. Can you imagine taking your entire Canon, Konica or Contax collection and mounting them all to a single T&S Adapter? Amazing, seeing as we need 35mm FL or less to make this work for decent urban architectural photography where control of receding vertical lines is important. Most existing T&S lenses are 35mm and up, not down, for the full frame market.

Bokeh D

7. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    I'll be interested to hear the results ! As Stephen Geis put it "weekend project" will go first, but I just love the "false miniature" look. Also stumbled upon this :turning my EP1 into a machine to make 3D images is an interesting idea. Especially if their gizmo also works for movies !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.