Anybody gone through the process of claiming a 17mm lens from Olympus?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LiamAshe, Jul 20, 2013.

1. LiamAshe

LiamAshe New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2013
    Hi Everyone,

Me again! I recently posted a thread on purchasing an E-PL5 from abroad, however I decided to buy the camera in the UK, and I'm now really excited to be using this camera soon (battery is charging at the moment)!

I'm having a small problem with checking the status of my claim. I click on the link which takes me to a username and password login page (please see https://olympus-17mm-penlens.sales-...ply-for-promotion/?country_promotion=2&lng=en for reference, and click "here" next to checking the status of your claim), however I don't find it obvious at all as to how I actually register to get a username and password?

Has anybody got round to doing this yet?

Thanks in advance, I hope someone understands what I'm talking about!

Liam

2. LiamAshe

LiamAshe New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2013
    Keith..
    This is what I have done, but I don't seem to have made a username from registering with My Olympus. When I want to track my claim, they specifically want a username as well as a password.

3. keith1200rs

keith1200rs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    The registration created from the page link I gave uses the email address as the login name and that works to log in normally. That doesn't seem to be accepted by the promotions link. I guess you will have to email them to find out about the claim - and tell them about their useless system!

Keith

4. jason6764

jason6764 New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2013
    I have just gone through the registration for the free lens this morning, in the terms and conditions. https://olympus-17mm-penlens.sales-...and-conditions-promotion/?country_promotion=2
    number 14 states. 14. Upon registration, the claimant will receive an automated email notification informing them that their claim has been received and is now being validated. They will also receive a personalised password and username to access our online tracking facility.
    So I guess we just have to wait for an email

5. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    You should get two emails, one of which has your username and password.

6. jason6764

jason6764 New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2013
    Just had my email with username and password, so all seems ok

7. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

I sent my application off on friday about 10minutes after buying a E-PM2 in a Currys/PC World. I didn't receive an email with username and password at all so i emailed them this morning and received my username and password email about 3 hours later :)

8. jason6764

jason6764 New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2013
    Had another email this afternoon to confirm my claim had been validated and I would receive my lens in the next 28 days

9. kriskerry91

kriskerry91 Mu-43 Regular

Exactly the same here :)

10. LiamAshe

LiamAshe New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2013
    Ah, thanks everyone for your replies, very useful. It seems I didn't receive an email either, but after enquiring, I now have it and my lens is on its way!!! Hope you all enjoy it :D

11. Splitprism

Splitprism Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2013
    Angra, Brazil
    Can anyone explain the upload procedure, do you just upload a photograph of your receipt and the serial numbers on the box.

I just ordered an E PL5, it will be delivered to the UK but I'm out of country until end of September, I'll get the missus to take pictures of the boxes and email to me, hopefully that should be enough.

Thanks

12. jason6764

jason6764 New to Mu-43

Jul 13, 2013
  13. Splitprism

Splitprism Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2013
    Angra, Brazil
    Thanks, the link requests both receipt of purchase which I can upload from here, and serial number of the camera, I'll need to wait until it's delivered to my home and ask the missus if she can send it to me before proceeding.

Anything free is a bonus but this little lens seems to get decent reviews, the whole package seems to be a bit of a bargain at the moment, even in the UK where we invariably pay the same amount in GBP. as the cost in US Dollars.

I have jumped from a GH3 to the OM-D, and back again numerous times, before settling on the E-PL5, we have far too much choice in our lives, it makes educated consumerism so difficult.:rolleyes:

14. danwalton

danwalton New to Mu-43

Jul 24, 2013
    Anyone actually received their lens yet? My claim was validated on 4 July so I'm still within the 28 days but just wondered :)

15. stw

stw Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    I am envious of this deal that I cannot take part in. Enjoy!