Anybody else still not get their 15mm f8 from Olympus yet?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by napilopez, Nov 27, 2012.

1. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    So I'm wondering if maybe something went wrong with my order, since I ordered the body cap lens from Olympus on the 19th of September, and have yet to get any notice of shipment or something of the sort from Olympus.

Online, the order status reads as "complete", and has said so for months now. Anybody know what may be going on?

2. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    Has it been charged to your credit card?
    I haven´t seen it available at any store, not even at Olympus... :frown:

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Me too--still no show. I guess I've learned my lesson, and won't be 'pre-ordering' anything soon. Seems I could have gotten it a lot faster from B&H, or any other retail store.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Mine shows as "completed" but I've not received it. I read (somewhere on this forum, I think) that early December was a projected date.

Currently Amazon, B&H, and Adorama all show "out of stock".

It will be delivered...when :flypig:.

The good news, for me, is that it's sort of a "curiosity" lens and not something that I need every day. I'm wondering if Olympus is completing orders in their Asian and European markets before the North American market.

Regards,

Jim

5. napilopez

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Ahh good idea. They have not yet. So at least it wasn't delivered to the wrong place, lol. Thanks!

Yeah, sighs. Olympus seems to be very sporadic with their pre-orders. Sometimes they randomly ship early, others they take forever.

So I'm definitely not alone hahah. I can certainly live without it, but I'm actually looking quite forward to it. I basically shoot with a two lens kit, the 20mm and zuiko 45mm, and have nothing wider than the 20 at the moment. I know it's not exactly the most ideal landscape lens, but most of my wide shots are in the daytime when it can be most useful.

6. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Yup me too. I ordered mine for Olympus USA.

When I looked into it, Olympus said something like "orders will be shipped by the end of the year." Downer.

7. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    The good news are that, with their "first come, first served" policy, you are going to have the lens cap before everybody else... hopefully before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. HNM43

HNM43 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 7, 2012
    I'm surprise to hearing it not out yet. I had a go with it on my OMD in a camera shop on Poland a few weeks a go, also could order it on eBay UK. I was interest on the lens too, love the thinness of it. But was wondering is these any real reason to pick this over the Pan 14mm f2.5, apart from the fact this is thinner?

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Ordered mine in September as well. Still haven't received it. Order is also marked as complete. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

10. napilopez

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Well, I mean, it's 50 dollars, for one =P

Also, I love the colors on every single photo I've seen from this lens. It renders colors really pleasantly. I don't make large prints, and certainly don't intend to do so with this lens, so critical sharpness isn't an issue for me.

Finally, the size difference is actually significant for some. Although it doesn't apply to me specifically, with my G3 and its protruding EVF, it makes several of the smaller bodies legitimately pocketable.

To me it's a lens with character. And it's cheap. I like that =P

11. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    This is the fourth item I've pre-ordered from Olympus, they always say complete, and they always charge and remove the charge twice, I ordered it in September and give them the standard monthly phone call, I've been told mid December, although they told me mid November when I called them in October

If you look it up at the site they are stating shipping late 2012 to early 2013.

Body Cap Lens 15mm - Caps & Filters - Camera Accessories - Accessories | Olympus

I've just learned to be patient with Olympus, they will get it to me eventually :p

12. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    I just hope I don't have to wait that many months for my 17 preorder.

13. larsjuhljensen

larsjuhljensen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    It's a bit strange that they have not shipped preorders yet. The online store in Denmark where I bought my camera has 7 copies of the bodycap lens in stock at the moment.

However, with the crazy European pricing this lens would cost me $112! At $50 I would seriously have considered buying it, but surely not for twice as much.

14. napilopez

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Oof yea... sometimes I see european prices and I just cringe. I really doubt I'd pay that much.

15. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Nothing here yet either...

16. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I finally canceled my preorder for the 15/8 after waiting and waiting and watching Olympus charge and remove the charge on my credit card. Having to wait so long gave me the opportunity to change my mind, so I finally canceled my pre-order. Olympus won't get my $60 now. I'm sure they're crying over the loss. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Well on the plus side for every cancelation, it pushes the remaining orders a wee bit closer to 60 dollar lens cap glory. ;) so now instead of next Christmas, we will get them by next Thanksgiving lol.

18. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    I got mine one week ago as a regular order - no pre-order... here in Switzerland . . . :smile:

19. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    :biggrin: I canceled mine, too. Won't fit the NEX-6 anyway...

20. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    I've got good news! I called Olympus today, and they said the lens cap is in stock and shipping to me today, and when I inquired about others having back orders they also told me that that ha d gotten in a large supply, so all you patient souls may have a Christmas surprise coming :D

• Like Like x 1