Anybody else excited about the upcoming EP5 release?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asaulo1, Jun 6, 2013.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    It feels like the EP5 release is whole lot more low key than when the EM5 was released. I remember being on the board all the time checking out everyone that has gotten their camera and whatever else additional info. they had about delivery, etc. No such thing for the EP5, alas.... I, myself, am very excited for it's release. Probably not as much as the OMD but the excitement is still there.. C'mon, EP5 people? Where you at?
  2. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    I think people are getting disappointed with the unclear release date as well as being pushed again until the end of June.
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  4. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I guess the sensor is the same, so is the IQ, not much to talk it about it. LOL
  5. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Preordered and waiting...
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    No excitement here. OMD is fine enough for me.
  7. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
  8. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    Yeah OMD was the "revolution" whereas the EM5 "only" brings the pen series to the OMD quality (while adding a few cool features like 1/8000 and wifi - not adding iso 100 in there since its a mock 100).
  9. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
  10. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    It's a sexy-looking camera, but I love my EM5. So a pin-up shot of the EP5 is all I need for now. :biggrin:

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  11. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I've had the EM5 and sold it in favor of the X-Pro1. I never really got comfortable with the ergonomics of the OMD. I always felt it was too small and that I was paranoid that I was going to drop it. I didn't have the optional grip on it so you might say that would've made a difference. No doubt but with that being said, I think I like the PEN form factor more and coupled with the IQ and AF of the OMD, I'm back in the m4/3 game.
  12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Sexiest looking Digital PEN to date! :smile:
  13. dejongj

dejongj Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Whipsnade, UK
    I'm looking forward to mine on 25th June according to the olympus rep. I tried it last Saturday and much much preferred it to the omd. Feels much better in my hand, the control wheels are in the right place unlike the omd and feel better once using them. And to me it looks better....but yes iq won't be any different unless you like to shoot wide open on a sunny day without filters....
  14. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    I'm definitely excited...Excited on how E-P5 features could be inherited by the upcoming E-M6. Better IBIS, faster AF, 1/8000s, Wifi...Oh yeah! :2thumbs:

I had E-P2 before & I do find E-P5 extremely sexy & beautiful. But once you go E-M5, you wont go back. :redface:
  15. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I'm dissappointed with the image quality of the E-M5, so I'll be looking closely at the sample images from the E-P5 when the camera reviews come out this summer. Even if the E-P5 has the same sensor, actual image output may be different, just as was true of the earlier generation Pens that used the same 12 MP sensor. I'm also disappointed with the tiny, rubbery buttons of the E-M5, so if the E-P5 has larger more snick-snick type buttons I'll be happy about that too.
  16. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    I'm at a loss how one could be disappointed with the output of the em5, given what it is in terms of sensor size.
  17. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Yup, i had D700 & now using D600 alongside E-M5. Despite its sensor size, it can easily put up a good fight against the two in the IQ battle.
  18. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    i'm excited about the E-P5 - can't wait to try it :2thumbs:
  19. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    I too am awaiting delivery of this new camera. I think a lot of people are waiting until the E-M5 replacement comes along later this year. I for one like the smaller form of the Pen series. Can't wait!:cloud-9-039:
  20. enzodiac

enzodiac Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Andreas Fougner
    I am looking forward to trying out the focus peaking and the new viewfinder. I have sold my gx1 in favour of the e-p5. My e-m5 stays until a better slightly bigger camera with support for 4/3 lenses arrives. My passion is nature photography and i shoot long telephotos with manual focus atm. I also shoot hdr panoramas so i appreciate the hdr bracketing feature in the e-p5.

I guess i fell for olys strategy of not updating old cameras with new features through firmware. I would probably be happy with the e-m5 for a long time if it got the features of the e-p5.