1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anybod notice Olympus E-P3 prices are lower on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Jonathan F/2, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It looks to be a price reduction across the board. :smile:

Amazon.com: e-p3

• Like Like x 1
  2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Price for E-P3 black with 17mm lens is actually a few dollars cheaper on B&H Photo Video website. Looks like Olympus has indeed cut their "suggested" street prices.

Another $50 cut and I'll start getting interested! :biggrin:

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Someone around here predicted a price drop before the holidays... the one I am vulnerable on is the E-PM1. If that price comes down, I would love to have one for my super-compact option. :thumbup:

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Kyle, why wait? Beach Camera has them via ebay for $444 shipped - I've bought from Beach enough to say I wouldn't hesitate to buy again, and that price is tempting me already!

• Like Like x 1
  5. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Kyle, I need to look at that one some more. Why the E-PM1 rather than the E-PL3?

6. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Ummmmm, a little embarrassed to admit it, but we also have an E-PL3 in the family. My wife carries that one. I could probably get by borrowing her's a lot of the time, but the E-PM1 is noticeably thinner than the E-PL3 (tilt screen mechanism). Of course, maybe the GF3 is even smaller?

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Probably because it's that slightly more compact. Some people want to go compact all the way. :) The E-PL3 is even thicker than the E-P3, so to some that tilt screen may defeat the extreme packable nature of the camera, depending on just how big your bag is. For me, that thickness is the biggest limiting factor in my ease of packing with my current E-PL2 kit.

• Like Like x 2
  8. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Yup, and we have the 14mm and I really want to see how the E-PM1 is with that one mounted. :2thumbs:

9. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Strangely, I like mounting my bigger glass on the E-PM1 and the smaller glass on the E-PL2!

10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I stopped by the local Best Buy to see if what they had. Man, that E-PM1 is cartoonishly small. I could barely hold it. If ya likes 'em small, that's the one to get.

11. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    My E-PM1, with the Panny 14 mounted on it, is about the same size as my LX3... and fits in the same bag or pocket. It has effectively replaced the compact point-and-shoot class of camera for me. The lack of external control dials and buttons is not an issue for me. I get can what I want in the menu quickly... plus I have other cameras.

• Like Like x 1