Any word on 14-42mm IIR availability?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by JJJPhoto, Aug 2, 2011.

1. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    Right now it looks like you can only get the new Olympus 14-42mm IIR lens as part of the E-P3 kit or from someone who has removed the lens from the kit and is selling the lens separately.

Does anyone know if Olympus has given official word on when the new kit lens will be available for sale on its own?

I'd like to buy this lens since it has the fastest AF of any current Olympus m4/3 lens, but I want to buy it new from a reputable store and get Olympus warranty coverage.
  2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I just sold this lens and passed along the warranty. You can get Olympus warranty coverage: just make sure you get a copy of the warranty card from the Kit. In addition, you will need a copy of the packing slip or invoice with date of original sale from authorized dealer. (Olympus only asks for a copies anyway for warranty purposes).

I confirmed this with Olympus via phone. The working assumption is that the new owner received the item as a gift, since technically the warranty is only good for the original purchaser. To me a warranty is a warranty...

You decide whether this works for you. Works for me...