1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Any way to rollback the Mobile Version of the App (Android)?

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Wisertime, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I really liked the previous version. I did an update a few weeks ago and 80% of the time it wants you to click on a link to flickr when viewing photos (but not every time) to view a larger size. (not sure if it's limited to just flickr, but some flickr images load flawlessly). The old version worked flawlessly and loaded pages faster. You have to wait for the whole main page to load before you can click on the arrow to go to the last/most recent page too (ie: viewing the shared image archives).

SO is there any way to rollback to the previous version?
    Thanks

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think the Flickr image issue is related to Flickr's new changes and that a rollback to the previous app version would not fix things, but give it a try. The previous version is attached to this post. To roll back, delete your current app and install (sideload) this one. You will have to check "Install from unknown sources" under Settings > Security on your device.

3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Ohh...thanks much!

4. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Says I can't open file...oh well, I'll just reinstall the new version. Thanks again.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I just tested it and it installed fine on my Android phone. Should work!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

6. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I have no clue what I did wrong. I DL it twice and both times my phone (samsung galaxy III) said it could not open it. :-(

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I have the same phone. Are you able to install any apps outside of the Google Play Store?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

8. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Yes I am able to. I started using gallery view, instead of follow link. That seems to work faster. It's one more click than before to enlarge a view, but I can live with it.