Any way to get more myset quick buttons besides the 2 function buttons on an EM10?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bhima, Mar 25, 2014.

1. bhima

bhima Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Hey everyone,

First post here which is more of a question: Anyone know if we can access more mysets at the press of a button besides just the Fn1 and Fn2 keys (I'm not counting the one on the lens since only some of the lenses have it)? I sent a suggestion to Olympus to allow combo buttons in a firmware update (ie: another function button by pressing and holding Fn1 and then pressing say, left arrow) but I doubt that will go anywhere.

Anyone else feel they could use some more? Anyone try and hack their camera ;)?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Don't hold your breath...if Olympus cameras were hackable it would have been done years ago, because similar things were being said over the last 10+ years.

As for MySet it's easy to memorize the button sequence and do it in less than two seconds.

3. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    Bhima, you can assign MySets to any of the Mode Dial positions, e.g., S, A, M, Art, Scn,etc. I recently did a post about starting to customize my E-M10 (http://www.infotor.com/blog/journal-customizing-my-om-d-e-m10-where-to-start/) and wrote one a while back about customizing my E-PL5: http://www.infotor.com/blog/olympus...reassignment-give-you-your-own-auto-settings/.

So far, I've assigned ISO/WB to 3 o'clock position on the rear dial, HDR to the Fn2 btn, and AEL/AFL to the Fn1 btn. I have set up the camera in Monotone with some custom settings, made that MySet2 and assigned it to the "A" position. (I think of that as my "A"rt Mode.) Then set camera to Natural, assigned that to the "S" position on Mode Dial. (Think of that as my "S"tandard Mode.) I don't ever shoot in Aperture- or Shutter-Priority Modes, only in Manual, so loss of those MD positions is no problem for me. I'm only getting started on how I want this to work so will undoubtedly change things around. I plan to write about what I finally decide on - and learn in process - in a future blog post so stay tuned!

I do agree, though, bhima, that did like more assignable buttons and the ability to assign any function to any button.. However, what we have with the OM-D E-M10 is still far more customization possibility than I've ever had with my Canon cameras!

• Like Like x 2
  4. mjw

mjw Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Matt
    Man, I wish this worked on the E-M5.