Any way to calibrate the level gauge / tilt sensor in Panasonic cameras?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by MarkRyan, Oct 13, 2016.

1. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee Subscribing Member

May 3, 2013
    California
    Just got a Panasonic G7 from Amazon, and the internal tilt sensor (gyroscope) is wayyy off. Like ~120 degrees off. The camera thinks I'm shooting portrait mode with the camera completely level.

Is there a way to recalibrate the sensor? I believe Olympus cameras have this option, but I can't find one in the G7.

Cheers.

2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee Subscribing Member

May 3, 2013
    California
    Photo shows the miscalibration...

Attached Files:

3. Sarky Git

Sarky Git Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2016
    There's nothing in the manual and I've never heard of a way to calibrate the tilt sensor. I think you'll have to send it off for repairs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    If you bought it new Amazon should replace it. If you got it used, Amazon will refund - contact them.

Then you can shop for another, the G7 is well worth getting a good one.

Mine may "go on the block" soon, I have a G85 pre-ordered. Haven't decided yet, I really like mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stanga

Stanga Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2016
    There is a reset function in the menu on the camera. Just reset the camera and the tilt sensor should be OK then.

6. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 All-Pro

On the G7, calibration is done by service. On the newer models it can be user calibrated. I don't believe RESET will fix this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.