Any tips for removing a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Beena22, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    I recently bought a used used Fuji X100 (I know, I know....it's not a M4/3) and it came with a hard screen protector over the rear screen. It bugs the hell out if me and it has a smudge in between the protector and screen that I want rid of. Anyone have any experience in removing these as it seems to be stuck on there pretty good? I can prise it a mm or two away at a corner but I don't want to damage the real screen. Also I'm guessing that it's going to leave behind a lovely sticky residue when it comes off. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Good screen protectors should not leave any residue and should be removable by getting one of the corners up and peeling. If you can't pry it up with a fingernail use something that won't scratch the back (like something plastic with a sharp edge like a plastic toothpick).

3. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A little trick I learned to remove stickon emblems on cars.

Use heavy thread. "Floss" it through the back portion of the hard screen protector using saw motion to cut through the adhesive. Do not pull up as it could lift the plastic underneath. Then simple rubbing alcohol to remove the sticky... test the alcohol on a small corner ti make sure no reactions first

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. Beena22

Beena22 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Yep. Just pulled it off and used some WD40 to clean the residue off. Much better now. Thanks for the advice.