Any sort of beginners page?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Hdale85, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hdale85

Hdale85 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Was surprised to not see a beginners image processing sticky that maybe had some links to some nice resources for beginners or youtube videos and what not? Curious if you guys had any recommendations? I've never done any sort of image processing, Adobe Lightroom was recommended to me, is that just an addon to PS? Or is it stand alone? My camera comes today so this is something I'll want to learn shortly :)

2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
  3. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    The info you can use here in this forum really isn't really neatly compiled, but read through some threads and you'll learn a lot. I strongly suggest the Digital Photography School website - they have a ton of materials.

4. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    I do all my processing in lightroom and found the following courses to be very helpful and worth the $ invested.
    The Luminous Landscape

5. Hdale85

Hdale85 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Ok thanks, That's mostly what I was talking about though maybe there should be a sticky with just links to helpful information and stuff located on the forum :) I'll give those sites a look though!

6. Hdale85

Hdale85 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Which video do you think would be best? Do I only need to purchase one? Such as

Introduction & Advanced Guide to Lightroom 4

Will that cover beginner stuff as well?

7. fdifulco

fdifulco Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 28, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Frank
    Yes, intro and advanced is where I started. I used photo editing software such as elements and paint shop before i jumped to lightroom. There is also a section on the Adobe learning center that has some basic videos.

8. Hdale85

Hdale85 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Yeah I was watching the ones on the Adobe site.

9. Dan Ka

Dan Ka Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2011
    Northeastern Ohio
  10. Hdale85

Hdale85 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Thanks! Definitely give that a try!