Any SmugMug users here?

Mr Hahn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Nate
I'm experimenting with a 15 day trial from SmugMug and was just wondering if there are any other users here.

Here's the gallery I've setup in case you're curious, there's only a couple pictures in it right now that I've already posted here.

NathanHahn's Photos | SmugMug

-Nate

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I am using it for a few months now - but I am trying to figure out how best to use it. My site is messy and I need to develop a much better organizational structure.

It does integrate well in Lightroom.

Narnian's Photos | SmugMug

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
I am just about at the end of my first year and will renew at the basic level. Once you spend a little time learning the back room controls and settings, it is pretty easy to use and offers a lot of control for the galleries regarding access, display, etc. I really need to better organize my home page and galleries and have resolved to do so over the winter. You will find there help and forums to be very responsive to any issues or questions. I use them for prints, etc. and like the one-stop shopping aspect. I use a Mac and use either MacDaddy or SmugMuginPro for Aperture to upload. I had some issues with the former when Aperture 3 first came out and find that SmugMuginPro works better at least for me. Both can be downloaded from the SmugMug site as well as upload programs for other post processing software/platforms..

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
I use it. Have been for over a year now. I love it. From a business perspective, it gives a simple easy place for clients to look at their pictures online and share them. It basically is my portfolio, too, but I think it could use a little work on that front (being able to host an easily customizable web page basically). From a personal standpoint, I have a remote backup of all my final pics =)

But overall, very happy with them. dgrin.com is a good place to go for customizing support if you venture in that direction.

I also use smugmug as a backend to my photoblog. I host one image, and pull the thumbs and rest of a gallery on smugmug.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I prefer Zenfolio. I am not a huge fan of SmugMug. I was a SmugMug user and I found that I didn't care for their customer service (went a few rounds with them) and I find their galleries kind of...ugly. Zenfolio suits me better, it has a bit better options for selling images and IMHO the default templates are more attractive.

Kevin

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes I use SmugMug pro (its protects images from download by right click)
Overall I like SmugMug great presentation and very easy to use and allows different formats.
It also can team with LightRoom for uploads

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm experimenting with a 15 day trial from SmugMug and was just wondering if there are any other users here.

Here's the gallery I've setup in case you're curious, there's only a couple pictures in it right now that I've already posted here.

NathanHahn's Photos | SmugMug

-Nate
No problems with viewing here.................:smile:
btw you can set thumbnails for each gallery to be the same as the image format ie. not square. :wink:
Just go into settings for the gallery

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Good stuff. I use SmugMug and find them to be very good. The stats can be very interesting...
I agree here .. Stats are VERY useful

Also Smugmug was designed as a Photo Gallery from the outset not an image posting web site.

The user interface and ease of use is excellent.

Pbase is old hat and I simply don't like the Zenfolio or Flickr interface or presentation (yes I have used them)

xyzzy

Mu-43 Regular
Yes I use SmugMug pro (its protects images from download by right click)
Just to be sure, you are aware that this is security by obscurity and that the full size jpegs are still downloadable by someone armed with nothing more than a standard browser? It just takes a little bit more than a right-click.

canonphoto

New to Mu-43
I agree - smugmug is very good. I do not know how much you care about money, but I also tried BlueMelon Photo Sharing, which is very similar to smugmug, and offers free accounts as well. Given their similarity, I decided for the free BlueMelon account and am happy with it ... so you may want to check it out and save some money :)

iau

Mu-43 Regular
I've had several trial accounts with Smugmug but never really liked their interface. I hear good words about it, but they are usually followed by a "use my code to get $5 off"...

First I tried was PBase and I like their galleries functions, but it's getting old fashioned. If browsing a gallery you can't just use arrow keys to skip to next photo. I'm most happy with Zenfolio. Very much like Smugmug, but I like their templates better. I have an Flickr account but prefer to have my picture in a "gallery" and not sets like on Flickr.

-iau

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom