Any Russian Speakers? oly43club.ru info or experience?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by avidone, Dec 3, 2011.

1. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    I just ran across info on this Russian group who apparently sell 4/3 and mu4/3 adapters.

Their info in English is apparently only partial. I see they DO also have some regular (not micro)4/3 adapters with focus-confirm chips on them. In their info on mu43 adapters, they note there is a special space (at least on the m42 to mu43 ones) for the "dandelion" chip for this purpose, but I do not see anything about whether such a thing is possible yet.

For sure, it would interest me and probably others if there was some sort of focus-confirmation whatsit for using adapted lenses.

If anyone here speaks/reads Russian, maybe you could have a deeper look in the forum and get an idea?

Also, of course, if anyone has experience ordering adapters from these guys I would be interested in feedback. They LOOK as if they might be better made than the cheap Chinese ones, but who knows?

thanks to anyone who has/ can find further info

2. McDark

McDark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2011
    Russia
    Did not personally use them since I have no legacy lens (and no plans using anything but native ones).

From what I read though, "Dandellion" for MFT is impossible, as CDAF system just can't confirm focus standing in place, since there is a need to detect CHANGE in contrast when focusing motor MOVING focus back and forth, rather than phase detect AF on 4/3 which really can tell are we focused or not in place. There could be also need for "Dandellion" to provide aperture info to fix the flash issues but probably there is not enough demand as they finally decided to close the project.

Also looks like these adapters have solid reputation and are well accepted in local forums.

Hope it helps. But don't blame me if something will go wrong with them :rofl:

3. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I believe it's just a translation error because the Russian website doesn't mention anything about "dandelion" for Micro 4/3.

By the way, I bought an adapter from this site and was satisfied with its quality.

4. McDark

McDark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2011
    Russia
    There is no offer of "dandelion" for MFT on the site, but physical possibility of placing it into the adapters is noted. They discussed the need of it in the forums and finally concluded its of no real use so it will not be offered.

5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    thanks for the input, guys... I will think about ordering some of their adapters after the new year and see how long they take to get to Italy... anyway I guess it will be no longer than from China, and probably better quality stuff

I have been thinking about trying to grab an E1 or E300 or maybe a Lumix L1 to use with my collection of m42 lenses... will have to see which have the right sort of AF to maybe work with the chips... the combo of an optical viewfinder and a focus confirm would be great, I think