Any Pro Shooters Using 43d's/M43d's???

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
the iso 6400 is good alot better than my ep1 seems to deliver, wee these pp ed to remove\ reduce noise?
I gave them a single pass with Noiseware Pro, but even then, I was surprised at how well they came out at ISO6400, much better than my E3 at ISO3200.

Cheers

Ray

andrewaaa5

New to Mu-43
I gave them a single pass with Noiseware Pro, but even then, I was surprised at how well they came out at ISO6400, much better than my E3 at ISO3200.

Cheers

Ray
what shutter speed on the last photo? the chap with the beard, hat and wee bow tie.

alistairhenning

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Alistair Henning
I work exclusively as a photojournalist and event photographer, and I have been extremely happy with my E-P1 and now my E-P2.

You don't want to use these cameras at high ISOs, or the image quality does indeed detioriate.

However, we're fortunate to have the 20mm Panasonic f/1.7, and better still the 50mm Noktor f/0.95. These lenses are super fast, and in conjunction wth the aforementioned bodies deliver results quite in line with the best DSLRs on the market today.

Certainly, my clients (both my full-time employer, and freelance) seem quite happy with the results. And photos I've taken with these cameras have also been featured in several fine art gallery shows this year, in both Canada and the UK (specifically, London, England).

So don't let anybody tell you Micro 4/3 cameras don't stack up for pro use. As with any piece of gear, mileage will vary depending on the individual user, but there's absolutely no limitations in this gear compared to anything else that's out there competing with it.

www.flickr.com/alistairhenning

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Dear Ray,

I think that you can and that's why I've picked up the challenge. I'm going to just do natural lighting. I don't care if some of the stuff has to be done at high ISO, as I think it will still work. For example, these shots were taken indoors in pathetic lighting using the EP-2 and Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 at ISO6400 (I think they work OK):

As far as the reception goes, I'm not covering that at all, just enjoying myself. :biggrin:
Nice shots, it proofs to me some noise at High ISO isn't a problem (especially if you do post processing), so that way GF1 performance is already fine. But I am currious if the Panasonic 45 mm F2.8 would result in comparable shots. That is, I am pretty sure MF isn't going to fly for me (taking pictures of my kids running around).

Hmm, where can I find clear comparisons between this one and only native portrait, I mean macro, prime and the "real" F < 2 lenses... I have seen good pictures with this 2.8 lens, but don't wanna spend 700 Euro for Marco and only marginal Portrait working space, F < 2 lenses seem to provide more margin for real portrait work.

Oh, nice shots, if I would get married again then you are envite to come at take pictures and you can stick with your m43 gear :wink:.

Best regards,

Joep

landshark

Mu-43 Veteran
I am a working pro, at this point I can not see me using any of my M4/3 cameras on the job, except for shooting back plates. If I were doing photojournalist or travel stuff I see no problem using them at least as a backup if not even a main camera some of the time.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am a working pro, at this point I can not see me using any of my M4/3 cameras on the job, except for shooting back plates. If I were doing photojournalist or travel stuff I see no problem using them at least as a backup if not even a main camera some of the time.
Just curious, may I ask why? (pro at specific subject)

Newnan3

Mu-43 Regular
Any Pro Shooters Using 43d's/M43d's???

Here's one.....Bert Stephani.

Flickr: Bert Stephani's Photostream

The GF1 was my first "serious" camera and after I really got into photography I considered getting a regular dslr......But Ive decided to work with what Ive got. Screw the Naysayers.....Amateurs talk about Cameras and Pros talk about composition and lighting.

landshark

Mu-43 Veteran
First of all, most of my work is shooting ads, editorial and publicity images to promote entertainment projects. We usually have very little time, to shoot a lot under a great deal of pressure and rarely get a second chance to correct any mistake.

#1 Most of the time I need to shoot high resolution images in raw at a fairly rapid pace. The M4/3 cameras resolution capabilities are not high enough for my clients needs; also the M4/3 cameras cannot shoot raws images quick enough. Most of the time I shoot with either a Hasselblad or Leaf AFI with a 33 mega pixel back attached, with that arraignment we can shoot all day long at just about 1 frame per 1.25 sec.

#2 Most of what I shoot requires me to tether to the computer so that the client, ad, manager, etc can see what we are shooting.

#3 A large amount of what I shoot is in a studio with large strobe sources, it is extremely difficult shoot in this environment when your screen closes down to the shooting aperture just before capture and goes black far too long when it does capture. Things that would never show up shooting the street,

#4 Working professionally, no matter how much we try not abuse our cameras they tend to get beat, the M4/3 cameras just do seem rugged enough for that kind of environment. Even with my other cameras we have two or three around all of the time.

#5 Also sometimes one needs to rent because you do not own something or a lens is in for repair. To be able to rent in most major markets requires that you to stick a few major pro brands, Nikon, Canon, Hasselblad, etc.

After all that I still think they are great cameras that have a niche in pro use, shooting news, travel, weddings, events, etc, all things I think they would be great for.

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have yet to come across a working "Pro" or "Advanced Amateur" whether it be a Wedding Photographer or Fashion Shooter who uses either an Oly or Pany Standard 43d's/M43d's Camera System.
Well now you have come across one :biggrin:. I am a full time pro photographer shooting weddings, portrait, event as well as a few select commercial assignments (film company, magazines, advertising, stock).

My first paid job was 1979. I shot with Olympus 35mm film cameras and Mamiya RZ67 and Hassy Superwide up until early 2000's, switching to Nikon AF film cameras once my Olympus cameras wore out and then Nikon DSLR up until the Olympus E-3 came out. I used both Nikon D70s, D200 as well as Olympus E-500 and the E-510 for my professional work in the first years of shooting digital.

I make 100% of my income from my photography which is all produced with only Olympus 4/3 cameras and lenses for the past 2 1/2 or so years - - - and I will be making use of my relatively new micro 4/3 gear for situations where it benefits - events, wedding, stock, video. I shoot exclusively in Jpeg format and my Olympus 4/3 files reign supreme over my Nikon Jpeg files.

You can see my more recent wedding work produced with my Olympus cameras here - Ontario Photographers, Creative Wedding Photography London Windsor Toronto Hamilton Niagara-on-the-Lake Stratford ON Canada

And here is complete wedding coverage (mine only last 4 to 5 hours tops) in all scenarios of the day - shot with E3, E-510, 50-200SWD and 12-60SWD lenses, and FL-50R flash (straight on fill outdoors and bounce with no adapters for indoors) - Preview Image Gallery : A Creative Edge in Photography by Robert Watcher

-----

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
m4/3

I'm a full-time photographer and co-owner of a media company who uses m4/3 all the time. GH1's mainly for video and stills.

My company have used them at Weddings, Events, Conferences and for commercial and industrial clients. We use the GH1's for video primarily and as second back-up camera for stills.

On our blog (links below) there are lots of examples of how we use them.

http://soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2009/10/g-series-wedding-part-1.html

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
All nice, keep them coming!!!

Any Pro usage of 45 mm F2.8?
- I love to see more examples of that lens vs non-native primes with F1.4-8

tpsfoto

Mu-43 Rookie
I am a pro shooter who splits my time with Nikon & Olympus .....
In my studio camera room there is an E-30 & 520 backup.... I was one of the team photographers for the NY Jets & have brough an E-1 and several lenses to some of the games. On occation when shooting weddings my wife uses my Ep-1 for some photo journalism shots....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom