Any Olympus Passion Subscribers ?

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just looking for thoughts on the Olympus Passion magazine and or the additional Subscriber Area content option.

I recently received an email with a link for a sample pack of the magazines.
While they were a good read on the tablet the samples I was able to download were all basically testimonials from users show casing some far better photos that I can take. Just wondering if the content is always something similar or does it vary with some tutorials or something.

The price for the basic subscription [not withstanding the current AUD exchange rate] is quite good. But the pro version with access to videos and a Subscriber Area on their page is quiet expensive taking into account the exchange rate. I cant really determine what the videos are about or what the Subscriber Area content really is.

So any feedback on the magazine and or Subscriber Area content upgrade would be appreciated.

Edit link added
https://www.olympuspassion.com/

Last edited:

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
If anyone's short of photography or photoshop/lightroom content to watch that they haven't already seen on youtube, linkedin learning is free for a month at the moment (sign up required) and there is an absolute shedload of content on there by linda.com

Apologies for the thread hijack :)

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If anyone's short of photography or photoshop/lightroom content to watch that they haven't already seen on youtube, linkedin learning is free for a month at the moment (sign up required) and there is an absolute shedload of content on there by linda.com

Apologies for the thread hijack :)
Thanks for sharing I will take a look

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
linkedin learning is free for a month at the moment (sign up required) and there is an absolute shedload of content on there by linda.com
FYI: Many libraries provide free online access to Linda.com (now LinkedIn Learning) at all times, no need to create an account (all you need is a library card).

aukirk

Mu-43 Veteran
I subscribe to Olympus Passion. When I take the time to download and then forward to my iPad, I enjoy reading it. Problem is I typically forgot to download and save it. Wish it was just a website, where I could save articles each month/issue I want to read to Pocket like everything else. I get the desire for the magazine format... but it just doesn't fit with my consumption today. Perhaps if they mailed out a physical magazine that would be better if they want to go that route, but a PDF magazine is not ideal way to consumer photo content in my opinion.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
I subscribed for the first 12 months & missed downloading one of issues in the specified time so cancelled any renewal. I got the free ones recently too, but I wouldn’t pay for more though as I rarely read them anyhow.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
*Online* access. You don't need to go into the library to access Linda.com, there's usually a link on the library website. Look for a link to something like "online resources."
Lost in translation :)

Our public libraries have workstations everywhere for people to sit at and use the Internet - but you have to go in.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom