1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Any news on availability of the 12-40 Lens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by brosenz, Oct 8, 2013.

1. brosenz

brosenz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    Today I was talking with my local photo store in the US and they mentioned that now Olympus will be shipping the kit first around December and after that they will ship the 12-40 alone, that doesn't make sense to me because nowhere (Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Olympus Store) there is a kit available to purchase, only lens alone. Any other information you are getting regarding the availability of the lens?, can you confirm or deny the previous statement, thanks

2. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Olympus Canada/US website still says "Mid-October" I'm hoping that's the case.

3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I was talking to a dealer today and they were saying that the EM-1 and 12-40 should be arriving in their store by the end of next week, but only for customers who have pre-ordered their systems. They had received two EM-1 bodies in today, but they were filling pre-orders with them. I have pre-ordered the EM-1, 12-40 and HLD-7, but I was told that I may have a chance of getting my order of the EM-1 and 12-40 late next week. The grip will be coming in much later.

4. brosenz

brosenz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    Fantastic, thanks

5. m43man

m43man Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Spoke too soon, now it's showing "late October"

6. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Yep just spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said he was informed by the Oly rep that the lens availability has been moved UP so some should be trickling in by end of October instead of waiting till late November. It all helps

7. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    My dealer is already showing it in inventory (Calgary, Alberta). I haven't called to see how many they have though. It's probably still pre-order with delivery later cause their website stinks.

8. brosenz

brosenz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2011
    What's your dealer website?

9. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    http://www.sanealcamera.com/

You'll have to go to Lenses, Olympus and it's on the first page.

Like I said. The website stinks.