Any mft users in Southern NJ?

amp

Mu-43 Regular
Anybody out there in Southern NJ using mft? I'd be curious if you have any suggestions for photo ops. I'm up for mostly anything. I use Olympus but I'm curious to see how Panasonic performs.
Thanks,
Andrew

amp

Mu-43 Regular
Quite a hike to work!
I'm in Mays Landing, and work right around the corner. My wife commutes to Deptford.
I see you have the gx9. How do you like it? I'm jealous. I was hoping the price on it would dip a little more for the holidays. Seeing that it didn't, I wound up getting the gx85 to go along with my Oly omd em10ii.

I see from your profile and a few of your posts that you are familiar with Myrtle Beach and the Poconos region.
After the hurricane(s), what do the surrounding areas look like in SC? Earlier this year we flew down to MB. One of the places we visited was Brookgreen gardens. How does that look now?
Also, are you familiar with Reading? I see there is an aviation museum as well as Kraziers( not sure if that is the right spelling) Christmas village. Have you heard of those places? Maybe something else worth seeing there? We may go to that area this coming weekend.
Andrew

New Jersey (South) and Northeast Pennsylvania
Real Name
Holly
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Quite a hike to work!
I'm in Mays Landing, and work right around the corner. My wife commutes to Deptford.
I see you have the gx9. How do you like it? I'm jealous. I was hoping the price on it would dip a little more for the holidays. Seeing that it didn't, I wound up getting the gx85 to go along with my Oly omd em10ii.

I see from your profile and a few of your posts that you are familiar with Myrtle Beach and the Poconos region.
After the hurricane(s), what do the surrounding areas look like in SC? Earlier this year we flew down to MB. One of the places we visited was Brookgreen gardens. How does that look now?
Also, are you familiar with Reading? I see there is an aviation museum as well as Kraziers( not sure if that is the right spelling) Christmas village. Have you heard of those places? Maybe something else worth seeing there? We may go to that area this coming weekend.
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I was born in Reading, PA. Born and raised in Berks County PA. Christmas Village is right down the road from my sisters house. I haven’t been to Christmas Village in forever. I do recommend making the trip. There are quite a few interesting sites in Reading, PA. Google Reading Pagoda and you will find some fun facts.

As far as Myrtle Beach, we were supposed to sell our house in September, but the hurricane made it so we couldn’t get to the house because all roads were flooded. One of the things that I never got to do in Myrtle Beach was Brookgreen Gardens. Since we still have investment properties in SC, I still have a chance.

I am loving my Gx9. I purchased it brand new in July or Aug. I had it sitting in my cart for weeks. Finally the price went from $997 to $777 and I snatched it. One of the reasons I upgraded from my G6 to the gx9 was that I wanted jpeg images sooc and I am so very pleased. You have the gx85 which is so similar to the gx9 that you shouldn’t be jealous anyway.

Does the Gx85 have the l.mono filter? OMG I highly recommend!

I have attached some photos from MB sooc with this filter. It images of my husband not cooperating with portraits because he was sad leaving behind Myrtle Beach. Lol. Also one of me in front of my favorite bar.

Nice to meet you Andrew from May’s Landing, quite a nice family friendly town you live in!

Holly

macfiend

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
John
I'm in north jersey but often find myself heading south to shoot (Brigantine, Cape May, etc...). Please keep me posted on any south jersey get togethers :2thumbs:

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Veteran
I have a specific idea!
Feb 7-10 there will be an orchid show and sale in Holmdel. Free admission and parking.
Holmdel is pretty middle of the state so accessible via GSP to north & south Jersey.
If there’s some real interest I’ll get and post more info.
Should I start a different thread for this photoalk?

amp

Mu-43 Regular
Actually, that's something I may be able to do. Please keep me posted.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I'm on the Shore but technically in Central Jersey. Still, I'm well south of the Raritan River. I have family and friends in South Jersey and Southeast Pennsylvania so I'm down there fairly often.

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi,
As promised I have some add'l info re the orchid show. Yesterday I got together with a neighbor who does this -and many other-shows as a vendor.

Deep Cut Orchid Society Show and Sale.
Dearborn Market and Garden Center.
2170 Rte 35, Holmdel.
Wed Feb. 7 - Sun 10;
9:00- 4:30 daily

Our inside guy said the best times for photos will be Fri & Sun early. Since the primary purpose of the show is to display and sell plants I was told NO tripods- monopods OK. Also, there's sufficient lighting so flash shouldn't be necessary. He said the market has good sandwiches, but I didn't ask if there's a place to sit and eat.

I haven't been to any prior shows so I only have limited info re: the show itself. There will be a display area assembled by the vendors (and other clubs) showcasing their better specimens. Adjacent but separate is the vendor area with additional plants. This is a small show because of its narrow mono-focus: ORCHIDS. The conservative estimate is for 12 vendors plus some(?) clubs. with a good number and variety of plants; most in bloom!

FYI: Orchids are mostly from the Souuthern Hemisphere so they're in bloom now because it's summer in their native areas.

This is an open show so we don't have to meet and go together. BUT I look forward to meeting the smiles behind the avatars here at MU-43. I'll be there Sunday ~10. I'm 6'2", 225 lbs(that scale lies) and will be wearing an orange cap. It should be hard to mistake me for a petite orchid lady.

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro
im in lower Central NJ and meet-ups are fun sorry i missed the Orchard at DearBorn market
please keep me in the loop should something should come up

mary

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm in Wall Jeff..but at this minute I'm in Toms River getting my Nissan servicedI was thinking of going IBSP to see if I could find something interesting after I get out of here.Piping Plovers were spotted this week.

Last edited:

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm in Wall Jeff..but at this minute I'm in Toms River getting my Nissan servicedI was thinking of going IBSP to see if I could find something interesting after I get out of here.Piping Plovers were spotted this week.
I didn’t see your post in March would have joined up nothing much going on at this time other than board walk activities
Sense your in wall I’m the president of Ocean County Camera Club
Pm me

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom