1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any idea what I just bought?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Spuff, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I've just bought this:
    VIVITAR 70-210mm f4.5 Macro zoom lens on eBay (end time 08-Jan-11 15:45:29 GMT)

on Ebay for £3.20! I can find a few mentions of a VIVITAR 70-210mm f4.5 on the net but nothing which is definitely this version.
    I mainly wonder what the fitting is and what the required adaptor, if one exists, for a m43 is. Obviously I'll know more when I get it, but just wondered if anyone had any idea?

• Like Like x 1
  2. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    It says for Olympus OM (Film Cameras)
    There are adapters for OM>m4/3 out there too...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Thanks.
    Where does it say it is an OM fit?

• Like Like x 1
  4. If the seller is correct in saying it is an Olympus fit it has to be OM. The OM mount is the only Olympus mount Vivitar would have made lenses for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

I've got one, but haven't used it much, as it's a bit long for the kind of things I shoot. Seems to be a decent lens from the shots I've done.

Definitely a bargain for you anyway!

All the best,

Colin

6. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Ah, I see, thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.