1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Any Hoods Avail for the Konica Hex 40/1.8?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by SCT, Oct 12, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    I love this lens, pretty much use it all the time now. The only issue I have with it is light,glare on the lens. It's worse if I had a filter on it since it's a greater surface area of glass, more areas for a glare to occur. I usually dont like to, but I find myself removing the filter to avoid the glare. I havent got a chance to look on ebay yet, except on my phone which I found nothing.

2. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    55 mm 55mm 3-Stage Rubber Lens Hood For DSLR Camera | eBay

Would something like this work?

3. Christopher

Christopher Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Toronto
    sure would. I had a rubber hood and hated it though

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I got a bunch of 55mm metal hoods for my Konica lenses as well as my 135mm and 200mm primes, from old Pentax, Minolta, and other lenses, all at the used camera exchange. It's a very common size...

Of course, the problem is finding this stuff new. Old SLR sizes just have rubber hoods for new sale, but there are plenty of old metal hoods kicking around if you know anybody who deals in used parts. Rangefinder sizes you can still get new metal hoods, mostly knock offs of the vented Leica style.

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
  6. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    VinVin, I'm gonna buy one of the metal hoods to try out. What's $5? :) I don't know about the rubber ones. Bad enough the camera is majority plastic. That's one of the things I like about legacy lenses, they're metal. My native m4/3 lenses will shatter to a billion pieces if I dropped it. The old legacies feel like they can take a beating. Apparently, since they're still around. We'll see about native lenses made of plastic twenty years from now.

7. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami

You'll thank me later, buy a hexanon 28mm f/3.5 metal hood.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    I think I'll thank you now :biggrin:

9. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I've been happy with a 55-37mm step-down ring and a 37mm lens hood (rubber) on my 40/1.8 - gives the front element lots of shade and still a relatively small package. When using legacy lenses on m4/3 the crop factor means there is a lot of room to use step-down rings and/or deeper "telephoto" hoods and still not experience vignetting.

• Like Like x 3