Any Good 2019 Amazon Prime Day deals?

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Bought a Roborock S5 robot vacuum. Last week they were selling for $570, and today they were $399.

I've talked to people who own robot vacuums, and they say it really helps with managing pet hair, making your "normal" vacuuming sessions far quicker/easier.

red_zergling

Mu-43 Veteran
46 dollars off 64gb Lexar UHS II cards if your camera is compatible. Stellar deal even if they aren't as reliable as SanDisk or Sony.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Bought a Roborock S5 robot vacuum. Last week they were selling for $570, and today they were $399.

I've talked to people who own robot vacuums, and they say it really helps with managing pet hair, making your "normal" vacuuming sessions far quicker/easier.

I keep thinking I should post photos of how poorly they deal with pet hair...

Deebot seems to be the worst robo-vac (2 died right after the warranty ended); Samsung works but long pet hair (Golden Retr.) gets wrapped around the front brush - takes a long time to clean & must be cleaned each time it runs... then the brush dies.

I hope yours does better.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian

Deebot seems to be the worst robo-vac (2 died right after the warranty ended); Samsung works but long pet hair (Golden Retr.) gets wrapped around the front brush - takes a long time to clean & must be cleaned each time it runs... then the brush dies.

I should’ve said that we have hardwood flooring.

I’ve heard that they do a poor job on carpet, but on hardwood they do quite well. Things like pet hair, dust bunnies, etc. are sucked up pretty easily.

For carpeted floors, they can’t match the suction of a traditional vacuum (yet). But that’s not what I’m looking for out of it. I simply want something that helps clean throughout the week so that vacuuming takes less time on the weekend.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have hardwood also - long hair wraps around the rollers - but good luck

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
46 dollars off 64gb Lexar UHS II cards if your camera is compatible. Stellar deal even if they aren't as reliable as SanDisk or Sony.
The Lexar Professional SD cards are among the best. In my line of work, I insert and remove cards many many times a day from my cameras to card readers over and over and Samsungs and Sony's have failed me. Whereas my Lexar pro's never have a hiccup.

red_zergling

Mu-43 Veteran
The Lexar Professional SD cards are among the best. In my line of work, I insert and remove cards many many times a day from my cameras to card readers over and over and Samsungs and Sony's have failed me. Whereas my Lexar pro's never have a hiccup.
Good to know! I am only basing my last statement from this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-sd-cards/amp/

Looks like I remembered incorrectly because the third top card is the Lexar card on sale!

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The Lexars are good. I use the 1000x and 2000x, the 1000x for video and the 2000x for clearing the buffer fast. The 2000x seems to be the same Made in Korea card (at least the 64gb version, I own the 32gb but it's currently lost somewhere but it also was Made in Korea so I assume the supplier is the same still).

Real Name
Chris

Agree these are more trouble than they are worth. I spent a ton of time emptying and cleaning ours. Overall more time spent than simply using a big vac with an easy to change bag. Sold that needy robot gadget and never looked back.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I found myself curiously disinterested in Prime Day this year. Perhaps that's because I think the deals have been less compelling with each passing year.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I found myself curiously disinterested in Prime Day this year. Perhaps that's because I think the deals have been less compelling with each passing year.

I agree. I looked at it briefly, but really didn't feel the need to talk myself into an unnecessary purchase of something I don't really want/need just because its a good deal. Maybe I'm getting better...

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Good to know! I am only basing my last statement from this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/fastest-sd-cards/amp/

Looks like I remembered incorrectly because the third top card is the Lexar card on sale!
Just took a gander at the article and it has to do with card speeds and specifically mentions that they don't address reliability.

"Something that these tests do not address is reliability."

I will add though that the Sony cards I've had fail in the past were not pro grade models, just top of the line consumer models. I do have one of their pro grade cards and is holding up very well at least so far. No issues to date.

BB70Chevelle

Mu-43 Veteran
Adorama has the godox v1 with accessory kit for $59 dollars off. Took advantage of that and had them price match my pre order I have for it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom