Any Good 2019 Amazon Prime Day deals?

cptobvious

Mu-43 Veteran
A couple of good photo deals are the Lexar 128GB UHS-II 1000X SD cards for $17.50 and the RAVPower Filehub (for SD backups without a computer) for $36.19 if you clip the $3 coupon and enter code PRIMEBEN at checkout.

Real Name
Emily
It and the 1666x 64GB cards are back up to $37.
No, they're still at the Prime Day price. If you go to the item's page, it lists the item at the higher price, but then there's a blue "Prime Day Deal" box. Next to that, it says "your price at checkout is $17.49" (for the 128).

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Veteran
The Lexars are good. I use the 1000x and 2000x, the 1000x for video and the 2000x for clearing the buffer fast. The 2000x seems to be the same Made in Korea card (at least the 64gb version, I own the 32gb but it's currently lost somewhere but it also was Made in Korea so I assume the supplier is the same still).
Given Lexar got bought out in 2017 (by the Chinese company Longsys), I would not count on any experience with previous cards for reliability issues compared to the newly manufactured cards. Maybe they are just as reliable, maybe even more reliable, maybe not.

To their credit, Longsys has evidently been providing warranty support for the earlier cards made when Micron owned the company.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Veteran
In terms of prime day, I noticed some other sellers having sales. I liked keh.com's prime day of selling certain prime lenses at 20% off. Unfortunately when I checked, none of the micro 4/3rds lenses I wanted were on the list. But keh.com did/does have 10% off other lenses (but they didn't have anything in stock I wanted enough to buy them). The offer expires tonight (July 16th, 2019):

Adorama also had sales, including some camera bags. As I mentioned in the "what camera gear did you buy today" thread, I noticed some Think Tank Photo bags (Perception tablet and Perception 15) that were being sold for $30 and $55. But then I noticed Adorama had the Perception 15 on sale used for even cheaper, so I went with that.

I did buy 2 more memory cards, unfortunately only 1 at a sale price (since there was a per order limit).

Last edited:
In terms of prime day, I noticed some other sellers having sales. I liked keh.com's prime day of selling certain prime lenses at 20% off. Unfortunately when I checked, none of the micro 4/3rds lenses I wanted were on the list. But keh.com did/does have 10% off other lenses (but they didn't have anything in stock I wanted enough to buy them). The offer expires tonight (July 16th, 2019):

Adorama also had sales, including some camera bags. As I mentioned in the "what camera gear did you buy today" thread, I noticed some Think Tank Photo bags (Perception tablet and Perception 15) that were being sold for $30 and $55. But then I noticed Adorama had the Perception 15 on sale used for even cheaper, so I went with that.

I did buy 2 more memory cards, unfortunately only 1 at a sale price (since there was a per order limit).
BH Photo also price matched many Amazon deals. I picked up a Samsung 4TB QVO SSD for $399 from BH because they price matched Amazon.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I found myself curiously disinterested in Prime Day this year. Perhaps that's because I think the deals have been less compelling with each passing year.
Likewise. I just don't need any more "junk" and what I would be interested in, Amazon never includes in sales like these.

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Given Lexar got bought out in 2017 (by the Chinese company Longsys), I would not count on any experience with previous cards for reliability issues compared to the newly manufactured cards. Maybe they are just as reliable, maybe even more reliable, maybe not.

To their credit, Longsys has evidently been providing warranty support for the earlier cards made when Micron owned the company.
I'm aware of this (had a 2000x replaced because of the little plastic dividers coming off) but I found it interesting that the card was still Made in Korea for the 2000x, just like the 1000x is Made in Taiwan still. I just assume they kept the lines open or continued to source from the same suppliers.

I think the best "deal" was pricing glitch at around 1215AM on 15th July when every camera was $95 + taxes. I have lost an hopes of finding a great deal on Prime Day so I wasn't paying attention but one of my colleague got Z7 kit AND A7III kit each for $105 after taxes.
I was confident it will be cancelled but it got delivered today.

Edit: Looks like a lot of people got in on this deal. I was on Reddit and people are already unloading BNIB expensive cameras which got delivered on same day (15th) or 16th. DAMNNNN.

Last edited:

shutterclick

New to Mu-43
That's what I've been telling people. But they seem to either think that I was joking or the cameras I talked about like the GH5S are "junk".

The deal wasn't on cameras, it was on lenses. If you happened to order a camera body with a lens, then that camera body was included in for "free" with the price of the lens. You could have ordered any lens alone for the same $94.50 price. But why not just toss a Canon 5D body in with that lens order?

That's what I've been telling people. But they seem to either think that I was joking or the cameras I talked about like the GH5S are "junk".

The deal wasn't on cameras, it was on lenses. If you happened to order a camera body with a lens, then that camera body was included in for "free" with the price of the lens. You could have ordered any lens alone for the same $94.50 price. But why not just toss a Canon 5D body in with that lens order?
Oh ok, I wasn't aware of the peculiarities. Most of the people, like my colleague, seem to have clicked on any available kit combos immediately followed by "buy now" .. before Amazon fixed it.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
Despite bad publicity, I can see Amazon (or any other vendor) requesting return of the items, or charging the buyer the difference up to standard selling price. Logic being the price difference being so great that it was obviously a mistake. Whether they do that or not is another matter.

It was clearly a mistake. They fixed it in half an hour and "deal" was dead. But I think Amazon doesn't do that (charging the customer later). Most of Amazon's price mistakes have shipped with no follow-ups later on.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
It would be illegal for any seller to charge the buyer the difference up to standard selling price.

They could request a return, but haven't. It appears that all items bought before they cut the "deals" off were shipped, and they'll attract more customers by doing that.

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
It would be illegal for any seller to charge the buyer the difference up to standard selling price.

They could request a return, but haven't. It appears that all items bought before they cut the "deals" off were shipped, and they'll attract more customers by doing that.
As they say, it all depends on the fine print on the order.
But I'm not an attorney so what Amazon can or cannot do is a guess.

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
I think they will see this kind of stuff as a slightly too expensive marketing expense and just cut their losses. People will hope for future mistakes like that and come back to the platform. Compared to the possible publicity issues it's just not worth it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom