1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any forum-members use either the Pogo or Selphy ?

Discussion in 'Printing' started by phigmov, Mar 28, 2014.

1. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I'm interested in a cheap, no fuss photo-printer.

Convenience (minimal desk real-estate, no ink to dry or smear etc) and cost would trump image quality (unless that equates to 'truly awful').

Both of these seem to have a small following in the craft/scrap-book community.

Both appear to have their share of issues (Canons lack of driver updates for OS X is annoying) - any comments on which is least worst ?

If I printed more than 10 pictures or more I'd likely go to my local photo store but for a quick hard-copy to stick on the fridge or tack on the wall I'd likely use this type of printer.

2. dafloyd

dafloyd Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 24, 2013
    Munich, Germany
    Dirk Essl
    I have an old Kodak printer that has drivers through the gutenprint project and I like it very much. It's one of those kodak camera printer docks that can do pictbridge and does work on a mac.
    My pogo printer is a fun device, I use it primarily for labeling things. The biggest drawback from the pogo is that it doesn't work with an ios device out of the box and I had to fiddle around with a raspberry pi to make to print through AirPrint.

If I would need to buy one now, I would buy a basic AirPrint enabled photo printer with thermo sublimation.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.