Any eyeglass wearers use the eyecup on their VF-2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    It is available now, and I'm torn as to if I'd use it (I wear glasses). I love the VF-2, just wondering about the eyecup.

2. Otto

Otto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 9, 2010
    Texas, USA
    A lot of people that have one, like it. I wear glasses, and I had one but sent it back. I think if it was made thinner, I may have kept it, but I found it too heavy, and large. It wouldn't allow the VF-2 to be positioned at any other angle than down all the way, or up all the way. Anything else, and it would collapse back down due to the weight.

Hope this helps,
    Otto...

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    So I have the eyecup for the vf-2 and find it makes it easier to see the image if you wear glasses. Mine doesn't seem to affect the position of the finder at any angle, but does stop light from leaking in when looking through the viewfinder.I'd say it's worth the $15 bucks.

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Any other opinions on the VF2 w/eye cup?

5. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    i love the eyecup as well. but i only wear glasses occasionally, but it does make it easier with one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Well over the past weeks, I've become pretty fast at dialing in my prescription via the diopter ring, and just shooting under my polarized sunglasses. If it is a quick shot, I just push them up on my forehead with the VF-2 as I bring it to my eye. If I'm trying a more composed shot, I'll just take the glasses off altogether. I'm thankful the diopter range can dial in my prescription.

Like others have mentioned here, I do wish the VF-2 had a locking mechanism.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tomas

tomas Mu-43 Regular

I wear eyeglasses. I shoot my EPL2 with the VF-2 and have never felt the need for an eyecup.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Ditto here...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    i use it without the eyecup, and with glasses and don't have any real problems except when there is strong side lighting then it can be harsh on the eyes. it's $15 extra - i know, but probably worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    For me, it's seamless. I do wear glasses, but sometimes look through the VF2 w/o them. I used the VF2 without an eyecup for half a year before it got lost.

I eventually replaced it and the new one came with an eyecup. It had been a while, so I didn't even notice it had one until the eyecup disappeared one day. It's more esthetics than function. Looks good on the VF2, so I paid the $18 for a new one.