Any experience with Square Trade warranties?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by kadamnation, Jun 20, 2013.

1. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    B&H had posters all over for Square Trade drop-and-spill warranties last time I was there, and Amazon's advertising Square Trade in conjunction with OM-D listings as well. Has anybody here had any experiences with these folks, good or bad?

Amazon.com: SquareTrade 3-Year Camera Accident Protection Plan ($900-1000): Camera & Photo

After losing my GX1, I'm definitely interested in insuring whatever I get to replace it... Although I'm also a little confused about whether you just get a warrantee that covers X amount of damage, or whether I'd also need to get separate coverage for all my lenses, etc.

2. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    Perhaps a bit dated knowledge, but I bought a Square Trade warranty with my first 'real' DSLR many years ago, a Nikon D40. The camera developed an issue where an error code would come on any time I powered up the camera, so I contacted Square Trade and they sent me a box in which to return the camera. A week or so later I received a replacement camera. It wasn't the same one I returned. They had a refurb that they just swapped out for my camera.

It's been 6 or so years, but I remember being satisfied with the service.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.