Any experience with a Wolverine Snap 14 scanner?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Found one on CL for $20. Owner says used once, everything is still there. I know it's several generations old, but figured for converting old family snapshots and slides it'd probably be more then enough. Thoughts?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not too bad. For $20 I'm happy. The previous owner kept it pristine, never even removed the protective cover from the screens. Everything was in it's original packing, looked like it was never used.

This photo was found in a drawer when we cleaned out Dad's house after he passed. It's my daughter from about 1994. It had some crud on it that resulted in a couple of light spots after cleaning, I need to get better at that. As far as the scanner itself is concerned, it's perfect for archiving old family photos. A lot of them were taken on compact cameras, so photo quality is below the scanner's capability. I'll spend some time cleaning up the important photos as I go.

49520201418_c80ee31186_c.jpg PICT0001 (2) by telecast, on Flickr

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No Pixel Peeping! This was made by yours truly in 1970 using a Kodak Instamatic camera with 126 slide film. It is the part of the Kilauea Caldera on the island of Hawaii. I was 12 at the time. Certainly won't win any prizes, but the scanner is more than adequate. I have yet to scan any negatives.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom