1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Any examples of Olympus 300mm 2.8 on a Micro 4/3 camera?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by justinrphillips, Jan 21, 2013.

1. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2012
    I know this lens is crazy expensive and I have no plans of ever buying it, but I am thinking about renting it for some up close and personal pictures of bears. I am curious if anyone has used it on a Micro 4/3 camera with an adapter and how the focus speed etc. operated. I have a OM-D, GH2, and GX1 to choose from but would use the om-d for IS. Just curious, would love to hear some stories and see some examples.

2. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    I have the 150 f2 four thirds lens for my E-5. I have tried it on my E-Olympus OM-D E-M5 The results were about what you'd expect, pretty modest AF performance. So long as the bears aren't particularly fast moving, you should be okay.

3. justinrphillips

justinrphillips Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2012
    if the bears are moving fast.... I have bigger problems!

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.