Any difference in four thirds adapters?

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by HiMyNameIsMarco, Nov 6, 2011.

1. HiMyNameIsMarco

HiMyNameIsMarco New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2011
    I'm stepping into this micro four thirds stuff (Been a four thirds user for a long time) and I can't seem to find a difference between the standard panasonic adapter and the oly one (Other than $40). Is there anything I should be aware of that might not be readily or easily understood from reading product descriptions?

2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    The Pany is stainless steel mount and heavy the Oly is anodized Aluminum and lighter
    I have both types and they work Identically
    St. Steel is more durable .. while Anodizing is very hard
    You choose
  3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I've noticed some 3rd-party adapters showing up on eBay lately. Anyone tried one?
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There are two Olympus adapters (MMF-1 and MMF-2). When you say $40 difference, which one are you comparing to? The Oly MMF-2 should be cheaper than the Panny, while the MMF-1 should be more expensive than the Panny.

The MMF-1 and the Panasonic DMW-MA1 are the exact same metal alloy build. The cheaper MMF-2 is the one made of lighter aluminum which boyzo mentions.

Other than the material difference of the MMF-2, the only difference is color... DMW-MA1 is grey, MMF-1 is white, MMF-2 is black. If color doesn't matter, the Panny is a better deal than the MMF-1 for the same build quality, but the MMF-2 is cheapest of all with the same functionality.