1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Any difference in four thirds adapters?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by HiMyNameIsMarco, Nov 6, 2011.

1. HiMyNameIsMarco

HiMyNameIsMarco New to Mu-43

Oct 30, 2011
    I'm stepping into this micro four thirds stuff (Been a four thirds user for a long time) and I can't seem to find a difference between the standard panasonic adapter and the oly one (Other than $40). Is there anything I should be aware of that might not be readily or easily understood from reading product descriptions?

Thanks!

2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    The Pany is stainless steel mount and heavy the Oly is anodized Aluminum and lighter
    I have both types and they work Identically
    St. Steel is more durable .. while Anodizing is very hard
    You choose

3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I've noticed some 3rd-party adapters showing up on eBay lately. Anyone tried one?

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There are two Olympus adapters (MMF-1 and MMF-2). When you say $40 difference, which one are you comparing to? The Oly MMF-2 should be cheaper than the Panny, while the MMF-1 should be more expensive than the Panny.

The MMF-1 and the Panasonic DMW-MA1 are the exact same metal alloy build. The cheaper MMF-2 is the one made of lighter aluminum which boyzo mentions.

Other than the material difference of the MMF-2, the only difference is color... DMW-MA1 is grey, MMF-1 is white, MMF-2 is black. If color doesn't matter, the Panny is a better deal than the MMF-1 for the same build quality, but the MMF-2 is cheapest of all with the same functionality.