1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Any chance of the Panasonic G7 dropping down to $597?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by hotsauce32, Jul 7, 2016.

1. hotsauce32

hotsauce32 New to Mu-43

Jul 7, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mike
    Hi all, newbie here. I was looking to join the club with a G7 w/ 14-42 kit, and finally had $600 saved up (it was going for $597 on BH/Adorama). Sadly, the price shot up to $697 :(

Any chance of those retailers having it back on sale this month? Preferably one of those deals with a shotgun mic bundled (or gift card), as I'll mostly be using the G7 for video.

2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    Welcome to the forum. This is how the price moved on Amazon:

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7KK DSLM Mirrorless 4K Camera, 14-42 mm Lens Kit (Black) (B00X409PQS)

I suppose it is automatically updated to match the price of other sites so it may even mirror the B&H price. So it seems that 597 is the standard price.
    Even archived versions of the B&H offer:

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

always show that price, sometimes with a $100 gift card too, so I'd guess it's going to fall back unless they use to rise the price on July/August but I would expect quite the opposite.

3. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    The G7 w/ 14-42 kit is showing $569 on the partner website for panasonic.com.

I think there are some services that will let you get access to those prices; but that also means we'll probably be seeing that or lower as new models are introduced.

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    It'll be on close-out at 299 within a year. Patience young Anakin!

5. CyVan

CyVan Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2016
    Jamaica