1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Antares

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by georgian82, Jul 24, 2015.

1. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2014
    This is 24 x 2 min exposures with 30 dark frames using the 25mm 1.8 at f/4 at ISO 800 and also a red enhancer filter.

I am still playing around with it in Pixinsight but is the best I have been able to do considering the fact that is not necessarily a large collection of data, the amount of light pollution and also that am still learning all the commands and tools in Pixinsight.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Impressive!

3. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2014
    Thanks! I will keep working on it. I am sure that someone that has more experience with Pixinsight may be able to have a better outcome that me...

4. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
    Very nice.

I can see that you're fighting the LP in the lower portion of the image (near the horizon?).

5. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2014
    Yes, light pollution near the horizon...I cropped out most of it but it is pretty bad even when using the Hoya red enhancer (which I am not sure how much it differs with a Hutech light pollution filter.

6. MadMarco

MadMarco Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Guildford, England
    I've got the Hoya red enhancer which certainly helps a bit, but is much more limited than something like the Orion Skyglow LP filter which I use with my telescope. I posted a mini review on the Skyglow on this forum with some before and after pics.

Unfortunately all these filters are limited one way or another and ultimately the best cure for LP is a power cut! This has happened once since I got my telescope and it was an excellent hour and a half.