Another Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 hands on review

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by soundimageplus, Nov 12, 2010.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    <a href="" title="P1000059 by soundimageplus, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="340" alt="P1000059" /></a>

With reference to both Peter and Mikes posts I've put together my own 3-part hands on review of the Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 lens at:-

<a href="" rel="nofollow"></a>

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Nice work. I enjoyed reading your review..
  3. minh0204

minh0204 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks a lot for the reviews. I disagree a little bit on the bokeh - personally I find it a tad distracting. It looks a lot like the Pen F 42mm's bokeh, and both lenses focuses very close. Some relationship in the optical designs here?

It would be extremely helpful if you can test the lens under less than optimal lighting condition, as well as some portrait. I enjoy the reviews thoroughly!
  4. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Personally I find it a little disconcerting too, sometimes its a bit "over the top" but felt I should spend some time on it as the f/0.95 aperture is obviously the key feature of the lens. Plus I've never used a lens this fast and its somewhat of a "novelty" for me to create pictures like that.

Many of the pictures and the video are shot in very low light conditions.
    The four posted here:- Soundimageplus: Arrived today. are in very poor lighting, and the car shot is at night.

Both Peter and Mike Kobal have some nice portraits with the lens.
    Hair Dressing in Hyde Park (Sydney) - a set on Flickr

UPDATE: Street Sample Photographs shot at F0.95, Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 « Mike Kobal

Many Thanks for your kind comments.