Another Useful Way to Post Images from the New Flickr in the Forums

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    There's another way to post images from Flickr that lets other Flickr users favorite your images or view them full size without leaving the forum to go to Flickr. This image shows how to get the code:

The result looks like this (hover over the image, and if you're a logged in Flickr user you'll see options to view full screen, etc):

<iframe src="" width="1024" height="768" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I just realized that this method makes the image completely unviewable in our forum app :(.
  3. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    That's how I have been sharing them. I actually didn't know there was another way. I also discovered my images aren't showing up in the app. So, how should I be sharing them from Flickr?
  4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I do not like the new flickr UI and workflow for sharing. For one I like to share a single photo and not my entire stream. The only way I have found to post effectively is to click on the share link of type HTML, select the size, then look at the content of the result, cut and past only the direct url to the JPG file. Then when I want to post here, I simply put the direct jpg link and surround it with the IMG forum Tags. Not convenient at all but thats the best I have found so ar. I will sometimes put the direct JPG url in the description for easy access if I think I will post to other sites as well.

It works for the app too.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Your Funny Uncle

Your Funny Uncle Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2013
    York, UK.
    The new flickr UI will generate the BBCode (IMG tags and a URL tag to the image page) for you if you click the push pin icon (Visible towards the right of the dialogue box in Amin's screenshot) after clicking the share button. You can also select the size of image that you want to share.

The code below is what is generated for that image above (I've added spaces before the right square brackets to make it show here.)
    [img ][/img ][/url ]
    • Like Like x 2
  6. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    I still prefer the old method that generates the BB tags.
  7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Flickr is so annoying. It was never intuitive in the first place to post images, then you finally learn it and they change everything again....sigh.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    It also seems like the EXIF details are no longer available. Or that I'm unable to find them.

I've been using the method that Your Funny Uncle posted, but it a couple more clicks than in the past.
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm gonna close this thread because the method I posted in the first post is not a good one (doesn't work with our forum app). Your Funny Uncle posted a better method.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.