Another UK GF-1 user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by m1pui, Jan 4, 2011.

1. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    Hi all,

Bought my GF-1 a couple of weeks ago and only recently signed up to the forum. I'd fancied one towards the beginning of 2009, but I'd only just gotten a 500D for Christmas and I was still more than happy with my Canon G10 so the idea fizzled out a bit.

Fast forward to November and from out of nowhere I suddenly had the urge again! The VAT back offer from Sony made the NEX-5 tempting but I couldn't bring myself to loving the look/interface. So I put my G10 and old 350D on eBay and bought my GF with the proceeds. I was really happy too as I only lost £80 on the G10 and I'd had it for 18 months.

I'm certainly not a pro level snapper, probably more of an average enthusiast but I do love getting my camera out when I've got the chance. Just got to get some opportunities to put the GF to use now! At the minute it's just been playing and messing around shots whilst I get used to it but I'm sure I'll get some shot up soon enough :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Welcome Pui, another happy GF1 user here, mainly with adapted lenses. I'm with you about getting the opportunity to get out and take some photographs, unfortunately the weather has other ideas at the moment.
    Hope you are pleased with your choice when you are able to put it to use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Pui, and Hello from Edinburgh. Recently got a GF1 myself, but haven't had any chance to use it because of bad weather and short days. I imagine it's no better on your side of the border. First good day that we get it'll be all action!

All the best,

4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I love it. Is a worthy upgrade to my G10, just a shame it's costing me as much as it has done!

I ordered a flash and viewfinder last night but the viewfinder isn't in stock. Flash should be here tomorrow, but I'm debating about whether to cancel the viewfinder as if I keep it, the GF is going to have cost me about £930 all in, which is quite a bit more than I was expecting to spend on my "compact" camera :rolleyes: thats the same price as a 70-200mm L for my Canon :frown: lol

I still love it though, so we'll see if the vf joins the kit bag :smile:
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Pui.
  6. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Flickr: Panasonic G UK

The Flickr G1 UK Group is now open to all G series cameras, pity the link name cannot be changed ! If you have any Panasonic G camera and you are a UK resident then please take a look.
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Mea culpa for my late welcome, Pui! Congratulations on your GF1. I have a feeling you're going to be at home here very quickly...with the adapted lenses folks, especially.:biggrin:
  8. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi and welcome here from Holland.