1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Another thought that came across my mind

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by inuini2005, Nov 14, 2013.

1. inuini2005

inuini2005 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    As I mentioned in some other posts, I personally like the Nikon Df very much even I am a Canon/Olympus ******...

I think the retro look is so gorgeous and kind of stick to the original without too many changes and perhaps the availability of attaching legacy glasses from film bodies to digital bodies is a great thing~!

I just wonder if someday Olympus will produce a full-frame mirrorless that can "adapt" legacy OM glasses without the need of an adapter,

and with the great retro look of the OM film bodies...like OM1234...

If it really happened...

2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Why should Olympus invest their scarce money in another mount family with a very small market.
    The answer is probably no.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I think Olympus is pretty heavily invested in :43: and high end bridge cameras using the same sensors - they likely won't attempt to add a completely new line any time soon, if ever.

4. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    That's what Nikonians thought too. Hoping to get a digital F(M)2. Now they got that hideous brick of a camera.
    I shoot a roll through my OM-1 every month at least. No way would I put up with a larger body for digital stuff noone needs for a falsely promoted "real" experience.
    Sadly, the only ones that got the put-a-digital-sensor-in-the-back-of-a-film-body thing right is Leica. Yet, with video and other new crap on their M(240), they too gave in to all-in-one kind of products. The market is just way too small for such specialized products. OM-1, and F2 are classics, true, but many seem to forget that they were no consumer products (those were OM10, FE, and the likes), they were marketed as top of the line pro bodies back then, with a VERY steep entry price reflecting that, for "just" a full manual body. Why would it be different today?

5. inuini2005

inuini2005 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    True, perhaps the only way would be DIY like what I saw a guy merging a DC into a Nikon film body haha.

I just think that Nikon has managed to get their lenses compatible across film bodies and digitals, what a wonderful idea! I understand it might not happen that Oly makes a digital full frame mirrorless specifically for the OM mount, but... I don't know, haha just a dream for me then.

6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Your hope would have to rely on Uncle Sony suddenly discovering a cheaper way to churn out their 35mm sensors (A7 style) and build a fake-OM body around them.
    Hey it coudl happen but my advice is to take an A7 and make your own Olympus. An Inuinimpus if you like.
    You could do it for less than £2000

7. inuini2005

inuini2005 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    Haha, I wish I have the skill. Stuffing the heart of an A7 into an Oly OM1. How sweet it would be!