1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Another Sydney-sider...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Humiliated_grape, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Humiliated_grape

Humiliated_grape Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 8, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Melanie
    Hello all,

My name is Melanie and I live in Sydney, Australia. It's good to see I'm not the only one, as well (although I am thinking I might be one of the few females)!

I received a pretty, black E-PL3 for Christmas last year, and I have been lurking around these forums ever since. Everyone's advice on here about lens purchases and photography in general has kept me both well-informed and entertained for the past six months, so thank you :biggrin:

M4/3 is my first foray into interchangeable lens systems. I am one of those P&S upgraders, rather than an ex-DSLR user, so I am very much still trying to get the hang of this kind of photography. But over the last six months, I've had more fun taking photos than ever in my life, including during a 3 week safari trip to Africa, where I learnt SO much about photography.

Anyway, that's a bit about me. Hope to see u all around the forums very soon, and I can't wait to be a part of your conversations :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Melanie!

The female to male ratio is a little more even, for whatever reason, over on the sister site Seriouscompacts.com.

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Mel
    We are a big bunch of Aussies here and welcome to the gang . Congrats and welcome to the world of MFT and this is wonderful forum to hang around . Please share some images from ur African safari .Please tell us which lenses u are using with ur EPL3?
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :smile::smile:

4. smarikoe

smarikoe Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Awww yea! Straya! Get me some VB :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

I can offer what ever I have now ..lol
    Cheers

chill.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Welcome aboard. It's a good place this :)

7. Humiliated_grape

Jul 8, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Melanie
    Good to see the Australian stereotypes are alive and well. For the record, I don't like sport or beer. But I am quite a fan of the BBQs :) I've been a part of a few forums in the past, and I have to say - this one is by far the friendliest!

Bhupinder - my lenses aren't terribly exciting at the moment. I have the m.zuiko 14-42mm IIR, 40-150mm and the Zuiko 70-300. Unfortunately I didn't have the 70-300 for Africa - it would have made some great shots! I've spent the last couple of weeks umming and aahing about whether to buy the 17mm or the 20mm and I think I've finally (in the last few hrs) settled on the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Humiliated_grape

Jul 8, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Melanie
    Interesting! But I think I'm here to stay :smile:
    I study film at university as well, so I know ALL about the lack of females in related fields!

9. Bhupinder2002

Thanks for quick reply Mel , Just go for Panny 20 mm as its faster and more sharp than Oly 17 mm . I would also suggest to get oly 45 mm 1.8 for portrait work and its a beautiful lens . Actually I can offer you as lens swap for a week or so . I can send u my Oly 45mm 1.8 and u can send me ur Oly 70-300 .We can play with them for some days and return back to each other .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder