1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Another Place

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by angloasturian, Aug 22, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

‘Another Place’ is the title of a rather original sculpture exhibition by Antony Gormley (London 1950). It consists of 100 cast-iron men ( in fact, casts of the artist’s own body ) placed on a beach at Crosby, which is on the north coast of the estuary of the River Mersey where it flows into the Irish Sea. They all face out to sea and cover a 2 mile / 3.2 Km stretch of the beach. Each sculpture is 6ft 2in / 189 cm tall and weighs 650 kg. At high tide all but the heads of a few of the nearest ones are covered.
    If you are interested you can see his website here.
    If you like these photos please take a look at my other post with the same name in the ‘Black & White’ section.

• Like Like x 2
  2. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Website

For some reason the website link didn't appear correctly. It's:

Antony Gormley

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Colin, thanks for the shooting of this sculptures. Great work!

Next weekend, from Friday-Sunday, an art market is in my hometown.
    A dutch artist has placed several sculptures in the English Garden.
    He gave me permission for shooting and post these ! I'm happy.
    Will post an article soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread, Colin - this is a fantastic exhibition! I really, really like your photographs, too! Superb light and what a surreal feeling even through the photos! This seems like a very cool and interesting exhibition. Man, I have to get out more - too bad I couldn't get out there!

Thanks for the link to the artist's site, too. Now I'm off to find your photo in the black and white section which I have found here: "Another Place" in B&W.

• Like Like x 1