Another PacSafe

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by andix, Oct 19, 2014.

1. andix

andix Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    I am not sure if I found THE bag yet (yeah, laugh all you want) but I decided to give PacSafe another try. This time it's a VentureSafe 25L GII - not a photo bag but easily convertible into one courtesy of Crumpler Haven L or M.

I am not going into the details of how safe this thing is (sigh...) or all the little features it's got. But I found it for a good price at Campers Village in Edmonton, Alberta and I couldn't resist a $100 discount off a total price of $150. (I suppose it's because of the odd color, but I don't mind it as it's easy to spot in a crowd and less prone to be stolen.)

For your pleasure, attached are images of the bag next to the Crumpler Haven L insert, which I use to haul an EM-5 with grip, four lenses, a flash, batteries and a cleaning kit. Aside from the Haven, the bag holds comfortably a first aid kit, a sweater, a soft shell jacket, a MacBook Pro 13 and two water bottles in the side pockets. The front pocket has enough room for an iPad and other whathaveyous, like a snack bar, keys, map, phone, wallet or the like. If I carry the Haven M (with one or two lenses only and the EM-5 without the grip), I can also squeeze a short tripod inside the main compartment.

If you need a hydration bladder, the laptop compartment has a velcro attachment point for this very purpose, as well as a port to let the drinking hose out. However given my previous experience with hydration, I'd recommend you carry said bladder in a waterproof pouch just for the peace of mind.

001. 002. 003.

• Like Like x 1
  2. diableri

diableri Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2014
    Central CA
    Thanks for the photos. I am really happy with my V16. I tend abuse my stuff while traveling and it's held up great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.