Another one from Sweden!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Radiohead, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Radiohead

Radiohead Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've been sneaking around the site for over a year but have not posted/contributed anything but figured it was about time and I might as well start with an introduction..

I've been seriously interested in photopgraphy since 2005 when I got a Minolta 7D camera. Prior to that I had some film cameras and also a Minlolta SLR, hence the Minolta D-SLR.

Until two years ago I had a Sony/Minolta kit with quite a few lenses and used their mid-range APS-C bodies, Minolta 7D --> Sony A700 --> Sony A55 --> Sony A77. I still keep this kit as I still like the "feel" of a larger body and it also work significantly better for some stuff, notably things requiring continous autofocus.

Two years ago I got into m4/3 with a E-PL1 (w/14-42 kit). I quickly picked up some legacy lenses, mainly some Minolta and Konica glass (including the very nice Rokkor 58/1.2). Now I've also got a E-PL3, OMD and some nice native m4/3 glass and is quite happy with the kit I've got.

Last year we made a picture wall at home. Basically a painted wall where one can put up prints with magnets (no need to frame them). I put up around 20 prints with my favourites from the year before and I noted that all prints except for one came from the E-PL1 (only the one, the largest, came from my Sony kit). So I'm really happy with the IQ i get out of the m4/3 system.

I really like this forum as it's really friendly place with a good tone in the discussions. Now when i've introduced myself I look forward to be more involved in the discussions than I've been in the past!

Cheers //Niklas

• Like Like x 3
  2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Welcome Niklas - and your picture wall is a great idea!

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! I agree, a picture wall is a terrific idea.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Niklas, glad you've decided to join in the discussions! Would love to see a photo of your wall.