Another OMD noob

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Goingbush, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Goingbush

Goingbush New to Mu-43

Dec 8, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi, great site, wealth of information

I just bought a 14-42 lens on ebay & the seller put me onto you guys.

(I've also got a 40-150 and a 17-2.8 lens and spare battery on the way)

I used to love my Olympus SLR's OM1 OM2 & OM10, so sad to see them go with the demise of film. For the past few years I've been using Panasonic Lumix FZ30 FZ50 & TZ10 which have turned me into a lazy photographer, played with a few Nikon & Canon digital SLR's but never liked them enough to buy one, then almost wet myself when I saw the announcement of the OMD.

Now after seeing this forum & finding all about the camera & about all the adaptors for old lenses, I'm so spewing that I got rid of my old Zuiko 35mm lens collection.

I only just bought my OMD (with 12-50 kit lens) a few days ago & keep thinking its by far the best camera I've owned. :2thumbs:
    Still got lots to learn but I'm stoked .
  2. syuhada

syuhada Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    Welcome! I'm a new member as well. Can't wait to see your sharing with us :)
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome from another Aussie.
  4. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Welcome to the forum... there's a wealth of information here.

I'm a recent convert to µ43, and I'm using the OMD EM-5 as well, it's a great camera.
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard!

6. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi and a very warm welcome to both goingbush and syuhada from the Isle of Wight (an Island off the South Coast of England)
  7. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!Hope to see some photos of your beautiful country!
  8. Goingbush

Goingbush New to Mu-43

Dec 8, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for making me feel at home here

No Problems, can do, House is on the Market ,(if it dosent sell we are renting it out,) We are going on 12 month road trip by Landrover & Off road Caravan, heading off Feb 2013 return date = hopefully never. The OMD is going to get a workout.

a previous trip here

noting special about the images, as I said before I have become a lazy photographer, now I have the OMD I have some control back & I promise to do better :)
  9. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi and welcome, nice to see that the E-M5 has got you inspired! :thumbup:

If you haven't sold all of your OM lenses already, you might want to reconsider for a moment. There are lots of people that use these and other legacy lenses on their µ4/3 cameras with great pleasure and results.
  10. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome mate! Sorry to hear about your Zuiko collection. It would have been a fine fit to the OMD!